Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: D locks or Surelocks?

D locks or Surelocks?

I just ordered a new ZR series 2 and I want to order either the D's or the surelocks, but I can't decide which is better. I like what I have read on the surelocks but there handle looks cheap. Anyway which do you all think is better?

im a d's guy. 5th set on my zr2. love them. nuff said
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

If you can get the recent updated version of the Surelocks with more holes I'd say get them. Other than that, they work essentially the same.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I've been thinking about this same question lately as well... I want to keep my chair narrow. Which lock won't add that much width to the chair?
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by marlin View Post
    I just ordered a new ZR series 2 and I want to order either the D's or the surelocks, but I can't decide which is better. I like what I have read on the surelocks but there handle looks cheap. Anyway which do you all think is better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hype62 View Post
    I've been thinking about this same question lately as well... I want to keep my chair narrow. Which lock won't add that much width to the chair?
    I started with a D's system but I didn't keep it for long. You're still using a ZR, right? The custom ZR/Surelock system on my chair doesn't add any width to the chair, and it's the cleanest looking setup you can get. I've posted detailed pictures of my rig a bunch of times here which you can check out.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I started with a D's system but I didn't keep it for long. You're still using a ZR, right? The custom ZR/Surelock system on my chair doesn't add any width to the chair, and it's the cleanest looking setup you can get. I've posted detailed pictures of my rig a bunch of times here which you can check out.
    Thanks stephen. Yup i'm still using the ZR. I've seen the pictures you posted here and also on Surelock's website. There are things I like about both systems. I like the lever on the D's and the piston/camber bracket for the ZR from surelock; looks clean.

Anyone have a closeup picture of how the disk is installed on the wheel hub for the D's system?
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62 View Post
    Thanks stephen. Yup i'm still using the ZR. I've seen the pictures you posted here and also on Surelock's website. There are things I like about both systems. I like the lever on the D's and the piston/camber bracket for the ZR from surelock; looks clean.

Anyone have a closeup picture of how the disk is installed on the wheel hub for the D's system?
    It's quite possible that you can request a custom-shaped lever from Surelock. Mine is tucked under my seat and so is very inconspicuous. It wouldn't work any better for me if it was contoured like the one that D's uses. However, if my hand/grip function was compromised, a curved lever might help. That's probably the simplest part of the system to redesign -- you just have to ask.

hype, d's adds no width to your ride
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I had D's and just ordered Surelock's with my new ZR. I like the fact there are more holes.

Wonder why especially paras chose either lock system. Much easier and durable with simple lock systems without all kinds of wires and add-ons to the wheels etc., I would think.