Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys running big stix push rims from push blax?

Any of you guys running big stix push rims from push blax?

I'm looking for some new hand rims for my rugby wheels. I've burned through a few sets of the blue neoprene ones from eagles and was thinking about trying big stix this season. Any reviews?

Here's a review: neoprene sucks.

I have a background in chemistry and I despise the latex/foam/neoprene paradigm for grip. All of them add weight to the wheelchair that we can't afford. In more ways than one.

I made a hardware wax that I call CripGrip. Works like a charm. Even better with water and sweat. When it wears down or off, you put more on. When there are too many layers or oil mixes with the wax, you scrape it off with a knife and repeat.

I can send you one about the size of a deck of cards. For normal use, it should last about two months. I don't know how long it would last for sports use which is why I see an opportunity to send one to you.

Send me a message with your shipping address.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    Here's a review: neoprene sucks.

I have a background in chemistry and I despise the latex/foam/neoprene paradigm for grip. All of them add weight to the wheelchair that we can't afford. In more ways than one.

I made a hardware wax that I call CripGrip. Works like a charm. Even better with water and sweat. When it wears down or off, you put more on. When there are too many layers or oil mixes with the wax, you scrape it off with a knife and repeat.

I can send you one about the size of a deck of cards. For normal use, it should last about two months. I don't know how long it would last for sports use which is why I see an opportunity to send one to you.

Send me a message with your shipping address.
    i wonder if we would be able to use this on our rugby chairs up in canada since the last time i heard we are not a loud to use pine tar anymore well atleast at nats they couldnt use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bungholebob View Post
    i wonder if we would be able to use this on our rugby chairs up in canada since the last time i heard we are not a loud to use pine tar anymore well atleast at nats they couldnt use it.
    Is that a league wide rule or just a rule the facility that nats was hosted at rule? I can't imagine not running some kind of grip wax that isn't pine rosin based.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    More info on that please, where do you sell it?
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Pine tar is insane to get off of anything. That probably explains it. CripGrip is easy to remove. A plastic knife and sweep. No harm done.

I set up a face book page to help out with the purchasing info: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CripGrip/137375416294404?v=info#!/pages/CripGrip/137375416294404?v=wall

If you have an understandable aversion to face book, just paypal USD $10.00 to ludachris@cyberista.com.

I will have a website up by the weekend and announce it here.

I wonder if I would have to do a different mix for colder temperatures in Canada. Right now, it's perfect for warm and muggy climates like the American south.

What are your facility temperatures?

cool idea, but it looks messy... or are your handrims just really beat up?

Quote Originally Posted by slurpster View Post
    Is that a league wide rule or just a rule the facility that nats was hosted at rule? I can't imagine not running some kind of grip wax that isn't pine rosin based.
    the way i understood it it was league wide but may have been just for nats up here in canada. it was a brand new floor in ottawa hopefully it was just for nats

Scott,

Because of the hard wax, it's not messy. Softer is definitely a mess. I have an eBay listing which shares the " gray dots" which can occur over months. The link is over in equipment and services for quickie casters.

Is that the photo from facebook? I have one in higher resolution.

Anyway, the first reaction from people is that I rolled through something inexplicable… But it smells good. :-)

The beat up look is the texture created from rubbing on the CripGrip. That texture gives you the hold you need without ripping into your skin.

As I mentioned in the caption, this is after several days. A fresh coat appears like white paint to a camera.

http://edgeofcivilization.com/cripgrip/001.JPG

Ridiculously high resolution. Remember to zoom as some browsers will automatically reduce an image size. That usually involves just clicking on the image after it loads.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, I hotlinked the image above from Facebook.