Thread: Wheelchair Hooliganism :-)

Wheelchair Hooliganism :-)

My buddy Gerry doesn't let an electric wheelchair keep him from doing anything! Here he is wheeling across the field during the BC Lions season opening game. Terrible wheelchair section in the temporary stadium for the BC Lions. But it does give us access to the field. It's been picked up by Yahoo Sports, with Bob Vogel of New Mobility calling him a jerk.

Who said wheelers can't party ! and have fun .
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Rock on Gerry!

The rebuilding Lions gave the fans so little to cheer about that the whole stadium gave Gerry a standing ovation. And the cheerleaders liked it too.

Yeah, cute. But why is he any different that any other "jerk" that interrupts a sporting event?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Yeah, cute. But why is he any different that any other "jerk" that interrupts a sporting event?
    Because of his unique conveyance. Because it's a first-ever for a wheelchair user. Because I know him.

True, and I understand. If I was there I'd have been yelling and quad-clappin' too. But the truth of the matter is, people don't pay big bucks for a sporting event only to have it sidetracked and the action stopped by someone seeking attention by disrupting the event. Just too many times, I've seen "jerks" run around out on the field stopping a ball game. Of course, judging from what you say about the team, it appears that his quick jaunt across the field was the most exciting play of the game.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Yeah but given the same chance, same circumstances, I would have done the same. We can only gin up so much excitement in these chairs compared to pre-sci, and this one I wouldn't have passed up
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    True, and I understand. If I was there I'd have been yelling and quad-clappin' too. But the truth of the matter is, people don't pay big bucks for a sporting event only to have it sidetracked and the action stopped by someone seeking attention by disrupting the event. Just too many times, I've seen "jerks" run around out on the field stopping a ball game. Of course, judging from what you say about the team, it appears that his quick jaunt across the field was the most exciting play of the game.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I hate when these goofs run on the field. A few years ago a father and son ran out on the field during a White Sox game and pumelled a first base coach who ended up having some hearing loss. Gerry speeding down the field in his wheelchair is not the same.

I loved it and so did a lot of people when some football player back in the day cold cocked some idiot who was running around on the field. Now I'm not suggesting by any means would I have liked to have seen Van Quad's buddy Gerry get smacked around. Imagine that story though...

hey Terry which Gerry is it. Bruce