Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate government ran insurance

Blog Entries

I hate government ran insurance

EVAN MY SON HAD A DEXA SCAN BACK IN 08 THAT WAS NORMAL. HIS NEXT SCAN WAS IN APRIL OF 2010 AND SHOWED MAJOR BONE LOSS IN HIS LOWER EXTREMITIES DUE TO THE LACK OF WEIGHT BEARING. THE STATE OF MARYLAND DHMH REFUSES TO APPROVE THE STANDER/GLIDER CLAIMING THAT IT IS NOT MEDICALLY NECESSARY. DUH ,,, WHAT PART OF HE CAN NOT STAND ON HIS OWN DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND. WELL IT AIN;T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS. SO I AM PUTTING UP A FIGHT. THEY HAVE DENIED THE APPEAL. I AM NOW SENDING LETTERS TO MY DELEGATE , CONGRESSMAN, MAYOR AND GOVERNOR. HMMM WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT !!!!

JUST AN FYI ### IF YOU LIVE IN MARYLAND AND YOU ARE ON WELFARE YOU CAN GET A FREE CELL PHONE WITH 200 MIN. A MONTH. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ?
    Last edited by evansmom; 07-18-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: ADD MORE INFO

I think that under any insurance you are unlikely to get the glider paid for - the stander by itself is much more likely to be considered medically necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    I think that under any insurance you are unlikely to get the glider paid for - the stander by itself is much more likely to be considered medically necessary.
    Yep, BC would not cover it without a fight.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Health Alliance wouldn't cover it even with a fight.

Unfortunately, there is a published study that proves standing does nothing for bone loss, ergo it is not considered medically necessary by ANY insurance company.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

In Iowa we have the same situation with insurance. I have found other sources to help with equipment. There is a Federally funded state agency called Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services. It is not easy and there is a lot of paper work. Bet there is help. I did a quick google search and found a place that might at least give you something to start with. It is a fight for funding and you have to start someplace.

The Maryland Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)

http://www.dors.state.md.us/DORS/AboutDORS/default.htm
    T6 complete

My dad was covered under Federal Blue Cross and they denied us almost everything, but a wheelchair and shower chair. That's it.

Weight training and citracal has helped me maintain bone density.
    I haven't suffered any bone density loss since the first year of my
    injury, 5 1/2 years ago.

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield paid for most of my glider. Don't remember if I paid for the upgrade from stander to glider.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    My dad was covered under Federal Blue Cross and they denied us almost everything, but a wheelchair and shower chair. That's it.
    under my federal blue cross, about 20 years ago, i went to get a new chair, they paid 200 of the 2000
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan