Thread: 3 Random Queries

3 Random Queries

Just another quick query. I have been using an excercise ball to try and get some core strength and it seems to have had some small value so far but i have a couple of issues i'd like to know more about. 1, i have enough strength in the legs to stand from a normal(ish) sofa yet when i get on the toilet i have nothing without pulling against rails until i get the knees beyond 90 degrees, Any excercises that i can do to help? 2, i am stiff in the lower back when i stand after any length of time sitting but it does'nt matter on what or where i am sitting the stiffness is always there, is there anything i can do to ease this? I have H.O in the hips but movement is'nt to bad when i get warmed up. I'm still on a walking frame but coping. And finally is there ever a time when the stomach in the mouth sensation goes away? Sometimes i feel in my guts like i'm on a rollercoaster as it prepares to drop verticall when i'm walking?

c6/c7 incomplete 10months

Quote Originally Posted by mandorallen View Post
    Just another quick query. I have been using an excercise ball to try and get some core strength and it seems to have had some small value so far but i have a couple of issues i'd like to know more about. 1, i have enough strength in the legs to stand from a normal(ish) sofa yet when i get on the toilet i have nothing without pulling against rails until i get the knees beyond 90 degrees, Any excercises that i can do to help? 2, i am stiff in the lower back when i stand after any length of time sitting but it does'nt matter on what or where i am sitting the stiffness is always there, is there anything i can do to ease this? I have H.O in the hips but movement is'nt to bad when i get warmed up. I'm still on a walking frame but coping. And finally is there ever a time when the stomach in the mouth sensation goes away? Sometimes i feel in my guts like i'm on a rollercoaster as it prepares to drop verticall when i'm walking?

c6/c7 incomplete 10months
    My injury level is T-7-8 (4 years post injury). Its been my experience that weak hamstrings are responsible for your difficulty standing. 2 exercises I used to do a lot were sit to stands 10 reps 3 sets and squats, same amount of reps and sets. Google each excercise for proper technique to protect yourself from possible injury.

For body stiffness, I stretch for 30 minutes each morning. You can google body stretches and view the different stretches. It is extremely beneficial to those of us with SCI

Thanks for the advice Kelrod. The stretches are certainly helping

but standing is extending ur legs and extensors are quads and glutes.. u sure u dont have weak glutes? what is ur scores for ur muscles on an asia score?
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d