Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Canadian cops are hella tough

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    I've collected Human garbage in the past and will in the future. If you don't think adult males performing oral sex and intercourse on a 6 year old is human garbage, we definitely have issues.

There is human garbage all around you, you're just fortunate enough to be ignorant to that fact.

Just as we all agree that not all police officers are on a power trip, that in fact, it is a small percentage, it is also safe to assume that only a small percentage of arrests or civilian encounters are with the extreme case that you list.

I suspect Officer Bubbles' human garbage reference was to the mentally ill and chronically poor that constitute most police encounters. For someone to commit to 'paper' that their work is to collect Human Garbage, this must be the state of mind they are in when they encounter anyone. Including bubble blowers. Put the video and his Facebook crack together and you appear to have a power tripper.

Glad he is a Toronto cop and not a Vancouver one.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post

I suspect Officer Bubbles' human garbage reference was to the mentally ill and chronically poor that constitute most police encounters. .
    At least you're sticking to the facts............. lol
    Dave

No my sense of humor was not removed at the academy. Your statement as quoted above is a broad statement using words like "macho" and "failed" to describe "cops" (all-inclusive) within "our country".(the entire country?!?!?!)

Nowhere in there did you imply that 99% of cops are decent cops. Hell, if you did say that I'd probably argue that 99% is too high.

I'd be happy to discuss the need for "the accessories" and the "cool shades" any time you wish.

In my opinion the macho uniform does tend to attract some of the wrong elements into the police force. I stand by that statement, and you should feel free to argue it does not.
    But, why do you expand this as me saying that more? We both know my statement does not equate to me calling EVERY police officer a failed quarterback. It’s just reading comprehension and you refuse to admit you miss-read my first post.

This is what I said again: "In the US we dress up our cops with the most macho pseudo-military style uniforms and accessories. The uniform itself (with the cool shades) tends to attract the "wrong-sort" of failed quarter-backs right out of high school."

Honestly, it was a just minor observation, and an easy way to poke fun at British Policemen in their hats.
    You miss-read it, took offense because you thought I was calling ALL cops failed quarterbacks. You call me idiotic. And now you just want to appear to be righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    In my opinion the macho uniform does tend to attract some of the wrong elements into the police force. I stand by that statement, and you should feel free to argue it does not.
    But, why do you expand this as me saying that more? We both know my statement does not equate to me calling EVERY police officer a failed quarterback. It’s just reading comprehension and you refuse to admit you miss-read my first post.

This is what I said again: "In the US we dress up our cops with the most macho pseudo-military style uniforms and accessories. The uniform itself (with the cool shades) tends to attract the "wrong-sort" of failed quarter-backs right out of high school."

Honestly, it was a just minor observation, and an easy way to poke fun at British Policemen in their hats.
    You miss-read it, took offense because you thought I was calling ALL cops failed quarterbacks. You call me idiotic. And now you just want to appear to be righteous.
    An observation: If we talked about the military the way some talk about the police, we'd be accused of treason.

It's not difficult to understand why many are taking the positions they are in this thread. Why is Dave angry? He's a cop. You'd be angry, too.

I definitely see the middle ground here. I do think the cop had a nasty disposition, but I also believe (whether admitted or not) that the girl blowing bubbles had passive aggressive intentions.

Just to add my own attitude to this thread: Who the fuck blows bubbles while protesting?

Mark,
    I didn't misread your post- the way you wrote it was all-inclusive. Bottom-line. I do understand now what you we're trying to say and I agree with you.... to a point. Of course it attracts some people that should never be cops in the first place just as every other profession has its blemishes. We take so many steps to weed those types out though, probably more than any other career in the world outside of the military. In what other profession do you have to go through a comprehensive background check, lie detector test and psychological evaluations before being considered for the position? There are very few out there outside the LE community. The street cop is the most powerful part of the criminal justice system- its not something you can just put anyone into.

Sure one or two slip through, if you can get word to Jesus, please tell him we're hiring.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Who the fuck blows bubbles while protesting?
    If Bubbles was cute, YOU would! LOL
    Dave

hilarious!
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

LMAO! That was good.

This is Bubbles:

I'd agree with you here. Vancouver police are very selective. Potential recruits had better be truthful because they are very good at finding out the truth. Training is top-notch.

We take so many steps to weed those types out though, probably more than any other career in the world outside of the military. In what other profession do you have to go through a comprehensive background check, lie detector test and psychological evaluations before being considered for the position? There are very few out there outside the LE community. The street cop is the most powerful part of the criminal justice system- its not something you can just put anyone into.

Sure one or two slip through, if you can get word to Jesus, please tell him we're hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    LMAO! That was good.

This is Bubbles:
    I wonder if the quad belly will ever become sexy. Who would've thought bald heads would be sexy.