Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Possible new trial in spain.

It about time we start our homework here in Spain and see how far can we get with that 1/2 million you say I think it´s less. I don´t have first hand data.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Regarding growth hormone, it's on hold from a government order because of its unproven safety. I don't think this starting anytime sooner than next year.
    Ox.

The GH trials begins next september,´not next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    It about time we start our homework here in Spain and see how far can we get with that 1/2 million you say I think it´s less. I don´t have first hand data.
    Kim,

You can see this interview to the president of the organization. He sais they have to collect abotu half million Euros

http://www.apinme.org/index.php/todas-las-noticias/42-ultimas-noticias/59-video-entrevista.html

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Regarding growth hormone, it's on hold from a government order because of its unproven safety. I don't think this starting anytime sooner than next year.
    Ox.

The GH trials begins next september,´not next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    Kim,

You can see this interview to the president of the organization. He sais they have to collect abotu half million Euros

http://www.apinme.org/index.php/toda...ntrevista.html

Aprain: I was informed by an important clinician, but obviously I can't say who's right because I haven't even spoken to Devesa about this.
    I was told that they realized there wasn't enough pre-clinical studies on the growth hormone and this could represent real danger to the patients so they stopped it in order to review the case.
    The only thing I know for sure is Devesa himself told me they were starting Monday 5th April, and that is 3 months ago.

There are things that are being done well and some things that aren't. Sometimes we have to step back a little before keep going ahead, but we're certainly closer and there are lots of positive events. Spain is waking up.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

I've read several encouraging things coming from Spain. I personally had my hopes for an OEG human trial, but the work that's being published seems promising in these other fields. Although I'm not too excited about the GH trials because I still don't understand the logic behind it,but at least we are moving in the right direction. On one hand, a clinical trial is better than no trial, but then again randomly pushing for a trial without enough research and evidence is dangerous as well...

Here is where I want to get your opinion, those of you in Spain. I get the feeling that there is no unity between the different groups of scientists.
    You have these different foundations apinme, FIRSN, ASPAYM, the Hospital Nacional de Parapléjicos in Toledo, El hospital Puerta de Hierro, and other centers centers investigating SCI or working for trials...but none of them seem to be working together.

On the contrary, it appears as if each scientist/group/foundation has their own "posse" or following. And they are constantly competing with one another. But perhaps this is a trend all over the world...the scientist's ego and the lack of funds. I consider these two the biggest barriers to finding a cure...

Why is it like this?

I think everybody is looking for a Nobel prize, the trend all over the world, not only in Spain is that the scientist not only don´t use to colaborate but they become discredited one to each other..

It´s only my opinion

why....we all know...pure greed!
    But greed can solve our problem too.
    With so many billionaires these days more and more chances
    that one of them can break the neck...and
    put 1 billion price tag for the cure.
    Suddenly we would see world labs cooperation....
    Not that I wish same luck as mine to anyone, god forbid,
    but no one will be able to feel ENOUGH sympathy for us
    until start to feel it for himself....
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

aprain,

I have reviewed the 2008 BMSC Pig Transplantation paper and I cannot find where growth hormone was used. The closest thing I have read is using a 20% fetal bovine solution to culture the cells in vitro.

Using bovine solution would not be acceptabe in human applications. Perhaps Vaquero is attempting to utilize a different medium for human cell culture. If I missed the use of growth hormone, please bring it to my attention. Thanks.

Lastly, I find it odd this is has attracted so little attention form the forum. Replication of BMSC in a larger mammal with this degree of recovery is getting close to a "cure".

How it will translate to humans is not known, however, this is the purpose of clinical trials.

Schmeky GH trail is not related to Vaquero´s trail they are separated trials.

KIM,

Thank you. Where can I read the abstract on the GH trial?