Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Invacare TDX feedback needed

Hey Dank,

I just came across this website. Pretty interesting, because you can tick down through the list on the left hand side of the page, select a cushion, and see its specs. Cushions are so personal and specific to your needs, it is hard to suggest one. Do you have an OT or PT who could give you a fitting or the high tech mapping to help you determine your needs?

http://www.wheelchaircushionsage.com/index.php

GJ

I'm in Uk and went to power chair assessment on Wednesday. They have recommended a MWD for me due to the angles of doorways in my house.

As Invacare supply to NHS I'm guessing it will be the TDX. I have seen a few models mentioned on videos SP, SC, and SR.

Does anyone know if there is much difference in length or width between the super compact (SC) one and the SP?

It will be mainly for indoor/pavement use as I do have a larger mobility scooter for walking my dog, but it would be used as back up when scooter has repairs so hoping it can handle a bit of grass, etc

The video's and brochure show it going through mud, grass, gravel and dropping off kerbs!

How are you getting on with your TDX now?

Kati

Quote Originally Posted by Katilea View Post
    I'm in Uk and went to power chair assessment on Wednesday. They have recommended a MWD for me due to the angles of doorways in my house.

As Invacare supply to NHS I'm guessing it will be the TDX. I have seen a few models mentioned on videos SP, SC, and SR.

Does anyone know if there is much difference in length or width between the super compact (SC) one and the SP?

It will be mainly for indoor/pavement use as I do have a larger mobility scooter for walking my dog, but it would be used as back up when scooter has repairs so hoping it can handle a bit of grass, etc

The video's and brochure show it going through mud, grass, gravel and dropping off kerbs!

How are you getting on with your TDX now?

Kati
    Hi Kati,

Mine is still working great. I went in for a check and have not had any errors yet. Good luck with your choice.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Ryan has had a Invacare TDX SP for almost two years now. He uses a JayZ-2 gel seat on this chair and it works very well for him transferring to his exercise mat, standing frame, pool lift, even the dentist chair. The only complaint the he has about the (other than the fact that he has outgrown it-teenagers what can you do, they grow). Another thing you need to be aware of is that the electronics are very close to the ground. We had problems this winter when he drove it on a sidewalk that had been swept. The electronics got damp and took two days to dry out. Also, he has to raise the legs to clean most ramps and cut outs. The foot rest also rides low. Since the low ride is what you are looking for, this may be the perfect chair for you.

The chair is a tank but I manage to drive it everywhere except around the pool. It is one thing to run into the door jam and another thing to run into the therapy pool.--eak

I swear that the foot rest supports is a profit center for Invacare. They are always bending badly and requiring replacements.

The electronics problem you mention is very serious. They are supposed to be designed to withstand a certain amount of rain. And for the under chair electronic harness that was failing was called the Canadian cable. I see it wasn't just a Canadian problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ekephart View Post
    Ryan has had a Invacare TDX SP for almost two years now. He uses a JayZ-2 gel seat on this chair and it works very well for him transferring to his exercise mat, standing frame, pool lift, even the dentist chair. The only complaint the he has about the (other than the fact that he has outgrown it-teenagers what can you do, they grow). Another thing you need to be aware of is that the electronics are very close to the ground. We had problems this winter when he drove it on a sidewalk that had been swept. The electronics got damp and took two days to dry out. Also, he has to raise the legs to clean most ramps and cut outs. The foot rest also rides low. Since the low ride is what you are looking for, this may be the perfect chair for you.

The chair is a tank but I manage to drive it everywhere except around the pool. It is one thing to run into the door jam and another thing to run into the therapy pool.--eak

I heard from my DME in Vancouver that there's a new Permobil midwheel M300 just out. Is cheaper in Canada than the US.

Tdx sr

Hi, I've used TDX SR for few years and love it. It's quick (7mph) and with size 24 batteries keeps me going for the several miles I put on it daily, including up and down the many hills of Seattle I go through to and from work, downtown, etc. I had an old TDX and the geared motors do make it harder to push manually, needed servicing more often, and lack the 5-yr warranty of the SP's GB motors. I got a funding source to pay for the upgrade from the SP-SR.

That Permobil M300 looks pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I heard from my DME in Vancouver that there's a new Permobil midwheel M300 just out. Is cheaper in Canada than the US.
    This surprises me! Even though our dollar is three cents over the American peso, most consumer goods are priced higher north of the border. And I would think medical supplies doubly so.

The Permobil may be our choice. The Invacare product's quality has gone south rapidly. Permobil owners tell me that the new ones are not as reliable, but they are the best out there.

Thanks for your answers.

I noticed you can have swing away footrests, a one piece footplate or like footplate for each foot that are flip up (on a centre post), which one did you mean is too low that your son had to raise his legs for the kerbs?

It's a bit worrying about the electronics as my local park is usually full of puddles and mud after rain and I usually take chair in there when fields are too muddy for scooter. As the park does at least have a path around it.

I'm surprised as in pics it looks like a huge box under the seat, so assumed batteries and everything would be safely inside it?

What is the Q6000 like in comparison?

Permobil are way out of my budget and the NHS won't pay for them either as Invacare are the official suppliers to NHS. They didn't recommend FWD when I asked.