Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new injury

Another new injury

In 5/2005 I was paralysed in body because I met with a motorbike accident.I have been spinal cord neck columns from C5 to C7.
    I have not ever been undergone any surgery.
    I want to cure
    What do I have to?

CAN YOU HELP ME?
    please contact me.

thank you very much!

Pcoollll, it would help us a lot if you would complete your profile. What is your ASIA level of injury and category? Did you have any formal rehab? What country are you in? Do you still have bony compression of your cord? If so, why was surgery not done?

There is no legitimate cure currently available for spinal cord injury. Much research is going on, but more is needed. You may want to do some reading about this on our Cure forum. Meanwhile there are many people here who have dealt with a similar spinal cord injury to yours, and can help you with learning to go on and live your life in spite of it.

(KLD)

I have been spinal cord neck columns from C5 to C7.
    I had partial use of my 2 arms but I could move my left arm (only some difficulty). I could no move my fingers. I had a pressure sensation all over my body. Above the injury I could feel normally but below the injury level. I had no bowel or bladder control. I could not move my legs and I had no feeling below the injury site. I upper body was strong but there was some lack of sensation.
    This is my MRI film
    http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/a...t80/?start=all
    I am not relieving pressure through surgery.
    I have not ever been undergone any surgery.
    I do need to have surgery on my spine.
    What do I have to?

What do the doctors say about doing surgery on your spine?

Keep in mind that spinal decompression and stabilization is NOT a cure for SCI. It rarely will have any effect on improving the degree or level of paralysis. The purpose of stabilization and decompression is to prevent worsening of injury, and to allow you to mobilize to start a rehabilitation program. Have you been through an inpatient rehabilitation program for people with SCI??

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    What do the doctors say about doing surgery on your spine?

Keep in mind that spinal decompression and stabilization is NOT a cure for SCI. It rarely will have any effect on improving the degree or level of paralysis. The purpose of stabilization and decompression is to prevent worsening of injury, and to allow you to mobilize to start a rehabilitation program. Have you been through an inpatient rehabilitation program for people with SCI??

(KLD)
    the doctors in Vietnam said they can't surgery on my spine but I don't know
    and I haven't been through an inpatient rehabilitation program for people with SCI.
    "The purpose of stabilization and decompression is to prevent worsening of injury, and to allow you to mobilize to start a rehabilitation program" I think so but the doctors in Vietnam don't help me or I didn't found a doctor.

Can you help me, SCI-NURSE

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not sure what you are asking. Not sure why they said you were not a candidate for surgery. If there is no one in Vietnam who is competent to do any needed surgery (is this what they are saying) then you may have to try to go abroad for surgery...Singapore or Hong Kong come to mind as good places for both spinal surgery and a formal rehabilitation program.

It would help to know what your level of function (ASIA level and type) is, and what resources you have available to you for travel. If you have not had any rehab, are you living at home or in a hospital or nursing facility?

(KLD)