Thread: Bizarre shoulder blades

Bizarre shoulder blades

My right shoulder has been bothering me since I fell out of bed that day in February so I finally got a video of me pushing away. I've heard some people tell me that my shoulder blades poke out weird, but I didn't know it was anything like this:

You can see how much lower my right shoulder blade is than my left one. I think it's more for me laying on my right side for the past year with my pressure sore, but that right shoulder gets pretty sore pretty quick. Any advice?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

HI
    I could not see any video or photo attached to your post. Lying on your side shouldnt really make a difference with your shoulder bones per sebut it could
    effect your sitting posture. Do you have any contractures of your hips or lower extremities that could change your sitting. When was the last time you had a seating evalution? You stil lhave the issue of the shoulder soreness. Are you in a manual chair? could it be that since the fall, with the pushing of your chair, you have developed some muscle strain? Any history of shoulder problem in the past?

AAD

Rye,
    On the video, you are clearly tilted to the right. As AAD suggested, a seating eval might be in order, as well as a check for spinal curvatures.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I've just gone through a seating evaluation and I'm on a brand-new Ride Design custom cushion. I do have a little bit of spinal curve and we try to straighten that out with the Ride Design Corbac seat back, but that shoulder does dip down quite a bit, especially since I've spent so much time on that side to get off my butt to try to heal my sore. I was mainly laying on that side because of my arthritic hip on my left side which can be extremely painful and the way I have my living room set up with the bed in it, it's set up for me to be lying on the right. I just got a script today for physical therapy on that shoulder since I'm able to do more with it since I fell out of bed and tore a bunch of tendons. It's getting a lot better but boy can it get sore. I'm curious what other people have to say about it, especially Dr. Young. I talked to him on Facebook frequently so he knows all about it.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.