Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: HELP~ raw skin...

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Yes, as above aloe vesta comes in many forms.
    great to know, AAD, thanks a lot!
    since i was cleaned with aloe vesta in the hospital, we have been using it here at home, too, but i though it was just the foam peri care.

    lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

    c4-5 quad

  2. #32
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Y/w Lola I'm glad you have ma & her family. They're really good to you.

    Do you not have a Home Health Care Co. taking care of you?

  3. #33
    Senior Member WM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Everywhere the circus goes
    Posts
    1,205
    A&D Ointment has worked well for three of my family members who had the same type issues you are having. As long as we kept their bottoms covered well in it, they did not have breakdown or rawness. My husband also uses it for when he gets a little raw in the bends of the legs. Recently that happened and the A&D cleared it up in less than three days. You can get the off brand kind at Wal-Mart and it's cheaper and works just as well. Good luck.
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

  4. #34

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Y/w Lola I'm glad you have ma & her family. They're really good to you.

    Do you not have a Home Health Care Co. taking care of you?
    as i said, mona, i don't know what i would do without ma and the family. i am considered a part of it


    the visiting nurses come sometimes to check on me, but i don't have a regular aide. ma and sandra do all my care daily and jay ( sandra's husband ) takes me to doc's appts.

    i am very happy here

    lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

    c4-5 quad

  5. #35

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by WM View Post
    A&D Ointment has worked well for three of my family members who had the same type issues you are having. As long as we kept their bottoms covered well in it, they did not have breakdown or rawness. My husband also uses it for when he gets a little raw in the bends of the legs. Recently that happened and the A&D cleared it up in less than three days. You can get the off brand kind at Wal-Mart and it's cheaper and works just as well. Good luck.
    thank you so much WM! do you know the brand's name that they sell at wal mart?

    lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

    c4-5 quad

  6. #36
    Senior Member WM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Everywhere the circus goes
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola_wheelie View Post
    thank you so much WM! do you know the brand's name that they sell at wal mart?

    lola
    I'm not at home to look at the tube and can't remember for sure, but I think it is Equate--the standard Wal-Mart off brand. It comes in a white and brown box I think. At our Wal-Mart it is found in the section where bed pads, etc are sold. If you can't find it there, try the baby products section. I also need to mention that if you do try it, I think it is petroleum based so don't get it anywhere near your catheter as I think petroleum products can cause latex to break down. My husband wears a latex indwelling and we are just careful to not let it get near it. So far, no problems.
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,878
    It never hurts to try anything but be careful with the creams. In my experience, the AD, Desitin, Miracle cream etc seemed to smother & prevent air which is needed for healing. I mentioned that powder in one of my pm's, it has helped me. However, I guess it just depends on how raw if powder would be appropriate.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola_wheelie View Post
    as i said, mona, i don't know what i would do without ma and the family. i am considered a part of it


    the visiting nurses come sometimes to check on me, but i don't have a regular aide. ma and sandra do all my care daily and jay ( sandra's husband ) takes me to doc's appts.

    i am very happy here

    lola
    I know Lola I wasn't saying move or replace ma & family.
    I thought maybe it would help having even more care.
    Especially since you have this raw spot.
    Turn you more & clean you up more. kwim?
    Just a suggestion.

  9. #39
    If you ask the pharmicist for A&D they will know what you need.
    I hope you are getting some relief Lola, lots of good experience and advice here.
    How are you doing otherwise?

  10. #40

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by WM View Post
    I'm not at home to look at the tube and can't remember for sure, but I think it is Equate--the standard Wal-Mart off brand. It comes in a white and brown box I think. At our Wal-Mart it is found in the section where bed pads, etc are sold. If you can't find it there, try the baby products section. I also need to mention that if you do try it, I think it is petroleum based so don't get it anywhere near your catheter as I think petroleum products can cause latex to break down. My husband wears a latex indwelling and we are just careful to not let it get near it. So far, no problems.
    thank yo so much WM. i have used equate products ( yes, i do shop at wally world very often ) .

    i think i don't need to worry about my catheter, because it is a SP tube, away from the raw skin, and it is silicone

    lola
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

    c4-5 quad

Similar Threads

  1. Skin Tag
    By cheesecake in forum Care
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
  2. Dry skin
    By paramoto in forum Care
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 01:48 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 02:24 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 09:49 PM
  5. The Skin Im In
    By gm74sm in forum Pain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •