Thread: Permobil C300 "Error"

Permobil C300 "Error"

My friend has a Permobil C300 Corpus and recently had an "error" message come up on the display.
    What shows up is...
    PM
    Bad Cable 7F00

She said that it started about 2 weeks ago, but I didn't find out about it until yesterday. Not knowing much about how these chairs work, I don't really know what I'm looking for as the cause for the issue. I would guess that there is a bad cable somewhere, but I traced all the cables/wires and didn't see any obvious signs of wear or damage, but also realize that because of the elevator, tilt, power legrest (her chair doesn't have the recline feature), and the swiveling controls, that there could be internal damage to a cable. I tried the elevator, tilt, ect to see if any of them didn't work (hoping that if one didn't, i could figure out what cable was bad), but all worked normally.

I searched around on google for a while but still no info. Went to Permobil's website and read the online owner's manual, but again, no info on that. I was going to call Permobil and try to talk to a representative, but it was too late, and being that it's a holiday weekend figured they would be closed until Tuesday. I found this site through an internet search and that's where I stand. Can anyone possibly shed some light on the situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by laid_back_84 View Post
    My friend has a Permobil C300 Corpus and recently had an "error" message come up on the display.
    What shows up is...
    PM
    Bad Cable 7F00

She said that it started about 2 weeks ago, but I didn't find out about it until yesterday. Not knowing much about how these chairs work, I don't really know what I'm looking for as the cause for the issue. I would guess that there is a bad cable somewhere, but I traced all the cables/wires and didn't see any obvious signs of wear or damage, but also realize that because of the elevator, tilt, power legrest (her chair doesn't have the recline feature), and the swiveling controls, that there could be internal damage to a cable. I tried the elevator, tilt, ect to see if any of them didn't work (hoping that if one didn't, i could figure out what cable was bad), but all worked normally.

I searched around on google for a while but still no info. Went to Permobil's website and read the online owner's manual, but again, no info on that. I was going to call Permobil and try to talk to a representative, but it was too late, and being that it's a holiday weekend figured they would be closed until Tuesday. I found this site through an internet search and that's where I stand. Can anyone possibly shed some light on the situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Permobil's now use P&G's R-net electronics which continually run self-diagnostics to monitor the various circuits in the system for faults. Sometimes, the error code can occur without a noticeable malfunction if a wire inside one of the harnesses gets damaged, but the circuit itself is not used because of the particular configuration of the specific chair.

A knowledgeable DME or Permobil rep can usually diagnose the problem using process of elimination. Bottom line: If everything is still working don't touch anything.

Here are details P&G provides about the R-net error...

Trip Code : 7f00Bad Cable

This occurs when the control system detects a fault in the wiring in the communication cables between any of the modules.

• Check all cables and connections for continuity./
    • If there is any visible damage to cables, replace and cycle power.
    • Disconnect one cable from the system at a time cycling the power after each disconnection.

If the trip is still present after the above checks have been made, then the PM may be defective and should be returned to PG Drives Technology.
    A little knowledge can be dangerous so I'll say it one more time:

Bottom line: If everything is still working don't touch anything!