Thread: custom foot orthotics

custom foot orthotics

Has anyone had inserts made for their shoes and if so did it work out for you? I am having trouble with pressure spots on my feet actually I had my first pressure sore because my feet are starting to turn towards the outer edge (toe side). The sore has healed but it was trying to open back up and it will if I don't get the pressure evenly distrubted on my feet. The wound care clinic sent me to have inserts made I don't have them yet and am kinda afraid they will just present other problems like putting pressure on some other area of the foot.

Also, I have a high arch also so going to need shoes that give me room in the arch and toe area so the insert can fit in the shoe without having my toes rub the top of my shoes. Seems like when you correct one problem you gain another. Anyone know of a certain brand of shoe that is just roomier in the arch and toe area?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Hello Aliya,

The inserts are made from impressions of your foot. Once fitted and trimmed, you'll never leave home without them again. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

you won't know until you try, take a chance, it may mean a world of difference, or it may take a couple tries to get it right.

That is why they are called custom- and they can be adjusted and tweaked.
    CWO

Hope that is true Millard. I have had the impression done but still don't have the inserts be glad when I can try them out. Between the inserts and eventually a better footrest hopefully I won't have as much problem with my feet and pressure.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill