This is a long story long. I bought a certified used Toyota Salara. The kind with the 160 point inspection with warrenty.
I had it a week and the check engine light came on went off back on. I called the dealership they said it was nothing to worry about that it was something simple like a gas cap might be not screwed on tight enough.
They finally said to bring it in after I kelped calling and harrassing them. We got up there and they closed at 12 o'clock for a funeral. I was PO'ed. They should have told me that.So we left. They asured me nothing bad was wrong. I told them I had to take a trip to Florida was in a wc and could not deal with any trouble.The car never ran hot or made any strange noises. I was there a week and on my way home I was five miles out of town in Florida (thank God) and the motor blew up.
I called my ex son-in-law. He came and got us, called a wreaker, they took it to a Toyota dealership in Fort Walton Beach. It took a week to put a new motor in the car. I stayed an extra week with my daughter. Good.
So, here is another biggie. I have all this warrenty for a free rent car but no dealership has hand controls. Now, I am about to become an advacate. I think all dealerships should have a pair of hand controls to accomadate the handicapp. Portable ones can be bought and kept there for little of nothing.
What good is my insurance or warrenty for a rent car if someone else has to drive it for me?
I would love to know what I could do about my car and how they sold me a so called perfect car.
Then who can I call to find out how I can start getting companies and things changed for the handicap? I have talked until I am blue in the face about getting loaner cars that my warrenty covers and insurance covers but have been told that is just the way it is.That someone will have to come get it for you and they will have to be covered under my insurance.
I don't have the privelige of having someone to drive me around and should not have to.
Sorry for the long story but does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle both problems? I would really appreciate it.