Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shirataki Noodles! - MUST TRY

I see on your pic someone asked about rectal bleeding & diarrhea and then Bethany asked too....why are people asking about it? Is it a chance you take with these noodles?!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

No, gurly, not that I'm aware of. 10 years or so ago they invented a new type of cooking oil, Olestra. It wasn't absorbed by the body, so the promos said you could eat all the olestra-fried potato chips you wanted and not get fat.

In the small print, they said olestra "might cause anal leakage". Since it wasn't absorbed, it ran straight thru you, I heard. People decided they'd rather gain weight or skip chips than shit down their legs at random, imagine that.

These noodles aren't some modified molecule, they're made from a root. And they've been eating them for centuries. I doubt they'd have lasted so long if they'd caused any sort of unprovoked, uncontrollable explosive diarrhea. Or even uncontrollable "anal leakage" LOL.

I always wondered what phrases the ad company played w/ before they settled on anal leakage. Some things just can't be spun, not even by the best PR firm and the highest budget. No matter the circumstances or the dietary wonders of a calorie-free snack, feces exiting one's body when one is not perched atop a toilet is an undesirable situation, full stop.

bethany you have a way with words.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I see on your pic someone asked about rectal bleeding & diarrhea and then Bethany asked too....why are people asking about it? Is it a chance you take with these noodles?!
    I don't know why he said that. He's not disabled or has any idea of the issues we deal with. He was just trying to be funny. I deleted it so that it doesn't concern people. I have had over 100 bags of these noodles without a problem!

Last time I checked, healthy dietary fiber was important to every diet. Remember, they are 97% water and 3% vegetable root which is where the dietary fiber comes in!
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

I got a package of noodles in the mail today. Kind of scared to try them, but anxious at the same time..I dunno how I'll prepare them. Any suggestions? Whats your favorite dish to make with them? I'm going to hold my breath while I drain & rinse them so I don't smell any odor. If its that bad or if I can smell I wont even be able to eat them.

I got a package of noodles in the mail today. Kind of scared to try them, but anxious at the same time..I dunno how I'll prepare them. Any suggestions? Whats your favorite dish to make with them? I'm going to hold my breath while I drain & rinse them so I don't smell any odor. If its that bad or if I can smell I wont even be able to eat them.
    Just try them with a stir fry. Boil them for about a minute, strain & pat dry well with paper towls, and stir in with stir fry for a few minutes. Try with soy sauce, peanut oil or canola oil, and some veggies.

Boil them in water or the liquid they come in??

Boil them in water or the liquid they come in??
    Fresh water.

I couldn't get over the rubber texture..hard to chew too. Not something I could eat often

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I have been eating them all lots lately as I get trim for my wedding in August.
    Any progress on this front?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.