Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: roll-in shower, whirlpool tub, or slide-in tub??

another option for a roll in shower is cultured marble. we manufacture and install alot of them. have one in our house for my son . can make it a custom size and not have the grout to clean. check internet for marble manufacturers in your area most have displays they can show you. roll in is the only way to go.

shower room

Roll in showers are out. Shower rooms are in. View my previous string about shower room. There's pictures, web sites to manufacturers and detailed information.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Thanks all. As a result of your influence, we are now leaning towards the roll in shower once again. It's been a headache going back and forth with all of this, so thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RyansWife View Post
    Thanks all. As a result of your influence, we are now leaning towards the roll in shower once again. It's been a headache going back and forth with all of this, so thank you!
    Sorry your dream of building a new house did not work out. Our roll in shower turned out nice.

Thanks Linda. We will just work at turning this house into our dream house! (*thinking positively*)

Quote Originally Posted by marblemaker View Post
    another option for a roll in shower is cultured marble. we manufacture and install alot of them. have one in our house for my son . can make it a custom size and not have the grout to clean. check internet for marble manufacturers in your area most have displays they can show you. roll in is the only way to go.
    I second the cultured marble option. Used it when remodeling our house. The no grout is a major plus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RyansWife View Post
    Thanks Linda. We will just work at turning this house into our dream house! (*thinking positively*)
    Jodi,

I really hope this works out for you both, you deserve it. As others have said, a roll in shower is not only the most cost-effective option but also the most practical. I am able to do independent transfers and we have a tub but, it would be way easier for me to use a roll in shower for safety reasons and also to preserve upper body function, for paraplegics such as myself or Ryan, preserveing arm function= preserveing independence.

Best wishes to you both and feel free to PM me

Good memory Aliya.

RyansWife, I have that tub. I went with a tub instead of a roll in shower due to architectural reasons in our little bathroom. There is already a little corner shower that could not be enlarged, so I was replacing a small but deep whirlpool tub that I could not navigate. If I was choosing between a roll in and this tub, I'd go with the roll in.

I can mostly do the tub by myself, I have bad spaz legs and when I transfer in, they go rigid on me, so my wife has to help me "break" them to finish the transfer because at that point I am just barely on the seat. It is a good tub once I'm in. Though it takes a long time to fill since it's so deep, the jets help loosen everything up on me.

But it is still a handheld shower. I would love to be under a flow of water w/o having to hold it up there. So, I think y'all are making the right choice.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I would also recommend a roll-in shower made of cultured marble. I have one and it's easy to keep clean. I like using the showerchair because you can take care of your bp and shower without having to make the extra transfers onto and off the toilet. My showerchair has a cushioned seat so that is another positive.
    Renee