Thread: Prialt...

Prialt...

Anyone have any recent success or failure with Prialt in their pain pump? I have it and need help and would love to hear about others experience with the drug. Thanks.

I tried it and had horrible experiences. It may my pain much worse and really screwed my memory up in check out this post to see what I wrote about it. The place I was getting it through which is a cancer pain center doesn't use it any more because of the severe side effects.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

rybread

You did us all a huge favor by clueing us in on Prialt before we went out and had catheters and laid down three thousand per dose.(which I was ready to do) I have never properly thanked you for your posts, but I have enjoyed and benefitted from every one.

Thanks

Prialt sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I tried it and had horrible experiences. It may my pain much worse and really screwed my memory up in check out this post to see what I wrote about it. The place I was getting it through which is a cancer pain center doesn't use it any more because of the severe side effects.
    I did read through your posts, thanks. I have several back surgeries in my life and as life moved on I got to the point of trying Prialt. I have had it in for a couple of months after having Dilautid. I didn't want to be on a narcotic anymore, so I wanted to try Prialt, because the drug holiday's were going to be too much to deal with every couple of years!

Anyway, life has sucked on Prialt! I am in the worst pain of my life right now, due to the side effects. I am actually think it helps with the back pain, but side effects are so bad, I am not sure it is worth it. I think my doctor screwed up seriously in how he has administered my drug. I started at 1.2 mcg and went all the way up to 12.1 mcg in just 8 weeks. I have had increasingly bad side effects the last 4 weeks especially. My doctor definitely did me much more harm than good with that approach!

I just got reduced back to 8.7 mcg and am going to see if the side effects subside. If not I will get reduced back down again and keep going down until the side effects are gone, hopefully! Then we will SLOWLY titrate back up and see if it becomes the miracle drug, I was hoping for!

Right now, I cannot believe they even let this drug be used! Dr.'s need to be much better taught on how to use this drug properly! Scary, scary drug and right now, I would tell people to never get it!

It's a horrible drug and I wouldn't be surprised if the FDA removes it some day. The side effects far outweigh the benefits. I'm still suffering them and that was years ago. Thanks for posting what you did. It's nice to see someone else say that about this horrible drug that never should have gotten approval by the FDA.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.