Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hand controls

hand controls

yes im c5 c6 what would be the best hand controls for me to use i haven't drove in 11 years im going get a jeep or a geo something small to drive maybe a small truck any of yall help will help me out thanks

I have just installed what they call push pat controls into my ute I am a C5C6 .
    you push them forward towards the dash to break and pushed them down towards the floor to accelerate.
    They are a fixed unit on to the steering column and do not have to be removed for able-bodied people to use the normal foot pedals

We have the Sure Grip push to brake, and pull down to throttle controls in our 4wd camping van and have heard really good things about them.
    www.disabledexplorers.org
    Backcountry recreation for the disabled in the Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions

I tried some SureGrips on a test vehicle. They were okay but as a quad, it required using my weaker hand on the controls and my good hand on the steering wheel. I found that city driving would tire my left hand quickly.

Good luck in whichever one you choose.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by goddy View Post
    I have just installed what they call push pat controls into my ute I am a C5C6 .
    you push them forward towards the dash to break and pushed them down towards the floor to accelerate.
    They are a fixed unit on to the steering column and do not have to be removed for able-bodied people to use the normal foot pedals
    Mine look like this I am c4-c5 complete they are standard hand controls with a tri - pin spinner knob and regular steering and breaks.
    ^^(A)^^

Goddy's vid

is a video of the first time I have used my hand controls it was a very dodgy set up to start with but I have now changed a few things
    I was too eager to just try it although now that I have got correct parts it will be totally easier

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    Mine look like this I am c4-c5 complete they are standard hand controls with a tri - pin spinner knob and regular steering and breaks.

I think I am using the same type and same brand of handcontrol as you, but my car driving seat is on the right hand side, so it is installed in the other way round. I feel that this type of hand control is not very smooth, and too many parts and complicated to install.
    Last edited by sowseng; 06-27-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.