Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My new ultralight wheelchair: Oracing F2V

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Damn it toto! You beat me to it. I thought about doing the same thing with my cut down Quickie ergo scissors. I have a couple small segments of titanium tubing that I salvaged from the extension tubes of my original footrest. I did polish the outer surface of the clamp which looks pretty cool. I'll post pics later.
    Here's the polished clamps. I only polished the outside surface and left the sides and inner surface anodized black (kind of a theme for my ZRc). I'll get around to substituting the titanium tubing segments on the ergos someday, but I'm pretty happy with the look as is. (Oh, and they do the job exceptionally well).

BTW toto, that is one sweet looking chair!

I can see that you put your clamp backward, probably you do it for have more polished surface and for don`t see the bolt heads.

What`s BTW?

By The Way....

However
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

SCI_OTR, how long did it took to polish your zr frame? that looks great.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62 View Post
    SCI_OTR, how long did it took to polish your zr frame? that looks great.
    And another question . . . what are you using as frame guard/protectors? And is whatever you're using available in a size that would snuggly fit 7/8" tubing?

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    wow, the rugby chair and handcycle are awesome. I think with the right marketing they could make good money here in North America. Too bad they are so busy (long wait times) but I can understand why.

More chairs for England team, i wouldn`t like to bumb into one of these.

Hi guys.

I`m very happy with the chair, but nothing is perfect and there is something that i don`t like, the seat uphostery tension by strips, i never had a seat like this and i can`t compare, but i have to tense it almost everyday or two.
    The problems was with the buckles, they are made of plastic and have some flex and the strips loose quick, i was speaking with Oracing guys and they told me that there is no problem to replace them for metal buckles with no charge, and they are never going to use plastic buckles again.

So today i tried againg a solid seat made with playwood, but thinner that the other one, this is 8mm, and this one i absolutily love it.
    I am playing with my luck, because this is just playwood and is very thing but this one is not absolutily rigid like the 12mm one, this one have some flex, so i can fell perfectly the flex of the seat, specially going down a curb, is like if have got a chair with a little suspension.
    And i`m not too high like the other one, because is thinner and get a bit curve when i sit in it.

I would like to have the chair like now forever, but the playwood in not much days will get curve, so i need another material, and the best one is CF.
    I sent an email to Kris Park of dragonplate and explain my problem, telling him the wide of the chair, and inside tube seat wide, my weight, etc.
    This playwood seat one fine day will break, but i want to make a solid CF seat pan with 3-4 strips that i don`t want it absolutily rigid, i want some flex, but be sure that will never break.

So i would like opinions of people who have CF seats, and what thick you have and if you`ve got flex, or they are complet rigid and ....

I will wait the answer of Kris, but i was thinking in do the strips of the seat with this
    Last edited by totoL1; 07-17-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post

i have to tense it almost everyday or two.

The problems was with the buckles, they are made of plastic and have some flex and the strips loose quick, i was speaking with Oracing guys and they told me that there is no problem to replace them for metal buckles with no charge, and they are never going to use plastic buckles again.
    Something that i have to say is that i`m going to do the half marathon of my city in this chair next Octuber, i train in it almost everyday and do around 8 milles.
    So there`s a lot of movement in this chair, in a day maybe it have more movement than much others in a month, so that`s probably because i have to tight the strips so offen.

But is not this an active chair? so i`m just giving it an active use.

totoL1,
    from your description, i would say that tilite's tension adjustable bolt on seat upholstery is what you are looking for. almost rigid, but not, and a bit curves under your butt. looks like it holds up extremely well, and doesn't needs retightening. the cushion i have is stimulite classic xs, and i am very happy with this combination.

I'll be curious if anything comes of this CF seat pan totol1. It intrigues me as I'd really prefer something solid over my straps as well; I also tried some wood and it caused me to sit too high.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982