Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My new ultralight wheelchair: Oracing F2V

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post

Only thing is I think I'd be quick to put uni-tines on it - those shiny allanbolts look like they'd chew up the furniture.
    Yes, but i like more this forks than unitines, and are a bit lighter, what i`m going to do is change the allanbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    Price as configured?

The same as all, a basic price and add options. I had a special price, but this chair like is in the pics could cost around 3500 euros.
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-26-2010 at 06:50 AM.

You certainly take it to the extreme. Job well done though. What is the color called? I almost went with Azure Blue on mine; I really like the blue on yours.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    You certainly take it to the extreme. Job well done though. What is the color called? I almost went with Azure Blue on mine; I really like the blue on yours.
    If i tell you the true, i don`t know. When i was in Oracing factory i saw a bit of tube painted with that colour and i told them that i want my chair like that.
    Here is the catalog of the colours that you can choose, they don`t have a name, only a number.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    So this video is a extreme case, because the chair is rigid, the backrest too and i don`t take out the cushion and you can see how easy is for a para.
    If you have a care with plenty of room between you and the steering wheel then that's all good and it normally isn't a problem. From my own experience though that is not always the case. I've had two vehicles with no back seat and seats that did not recline, also the steering wheel didn't have tilt to move up and down, which meant that there was no way I was going to get a chair without a folding back in.

I haven't had one like that in awhile, but who knows what my next one will be, so I always get folding back just in case.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    If you have a care with plenty of room between you and the steering wheel then that's all good and it normally isn't a problem. From my own experience though that is not always the case. I've had two vehicles with no back seat and seats that did not recline, also the steering wheel didn't have tilt to move up and down, which meant that there was no way I was going to get a chair without a folding back in.

I haven't had one like that in awhile, but who knows what my next one will be, so I always get folding back just in case.
    Change your car
    I don`t move the steering wheel, only the seat.

Looks awesome! I can't think of any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Nice looking chair...Aluminum, they need to get em coded over in the US so that Medicare will pay for em.
    yea man, that would be nice. im due for a Medicare chair next year, would luv to test drive one. wonder if there are any US dealers

Congrats totoL1, great looking chair.

GREAT looking chair! I really like the tab mounts used to secure the side guards, I don't think I've seen it done that way before. I also like that the side guards don't extend below the seat frame, covering it up.

The angled rigidizer bar perfectly combines form and function. I wonder if TiLite would consider doing this without an upcharge of hundreds of dollars. They haven't even caught up yet offering the calf strap frame attachments that are frequently found on European-manufactured chairs.

It's also great that Oracing appears eager to include user's suggestions in the design of their chairs. I don't expect that you'll see one anytime soon in the US, though I'd certainly consider buying one someday if the hurdles weren't overly onerous.

Toto, what is the diameter of the tubing?

I think the Invacare A4 has offered tabs for mounting calf strap in the past. ONe of the fellows on the local bball team is sporting them on his A4.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    GREAT looking chair! I really like the tab mounts used to secure the side guards, I don't think I've seen it done that way before. I also like that the side guards don't extend below the seat frame, covering it up.

Toto, what is the diameter of the tubing?
    Yes, i don`t like that the side guards extend over the frame, i like having my sideguards in the tabs and you can see the frame, and also between the sideguard and the tabs are silentblocks for absorb vibrations and noises, awesone.

The diameter of the tubes are 30mm and 2mm of walls, the stem fork tube and the camber tube are 35mm x2mm, the backrest is 25mmx2mm and the crossbartubes 20mm.

This tubes are for user with weight under 100kg (222lbs), for heavier guys the wall of the tubes will be 2.5mm
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-27-2010 at 10:34 AM.