Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Supplies -Urological etc. who do you use? who do your recommend?

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Monthly Supplies -Urological etc. who do you use? who do your recommend?

Hi,

I'm moving to medicare, and have to change my monthly supplier.
    Rocklyn medical my old supplier does not support medicare.
    I haven't had any issues with Rocklyn, but then they are the limit
    of my supplier experience, if got similar customer service I'd be happy.

Rocklyn recommend i move to CCS medical, I've left messages all week
    and am yet to get a call back.

So question to everyone, which supplier do you use and would you
    recommend them... bonus points if you're on medicare and can
    recommend a supplier.

All wisdom gladly appreciated.

Phil Dye, Uti Medical. I'm sure stephen212 will stop by shortly with his contact info

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Phil Dye, Uti Medical. I'm sure stephen212 will stop by shortly with his contact info
    Cue me . Call Phil: 877-STOP-UTI

A bunch of CC members have started or switched over to UTI Medical. Everyone seems to be more than happy with the service, even Fuente
    Last edited by stephen212; 06-25-2010 at 10:04 PM.

I have been using Summit Medical Supply out of New York now for over a year and I have never had an issue with them but I am not on Medicare but they are worth a call

C&R Medical, why? because they give back to the community in a big way. There are tons of DME's out there, I prefer that the people that get my business also give in return. I've met the owner and several of the employee's and they are all great guys who will go out of their way for you. Check em out.
    Most everything I say is

We use ABC Medical....never have to worry about a thing...they take care of everything...and it was founded and co-owned by a chair user as well.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I start Medicare in July. I have made some inquiries about how Medicare/DME works. A supplier name that has come up a couple of times is Edgepark Medical, 1810 Summit Commerce Park, Twinsburg OH 44087-9932, Phone: 800 321-0591, https://www.edgepark.com/
    The health insurance company that I have had for about 15 years uses Edgepark and I have had experience with them with private pay insurance. They call you every month to remind you to order supplies. All supplies must have an Rx from your doctor. They have negotiated rates with insurance companies and medicare. They do sell directly to the public, but are expensive, expensive, expensive. If you need supplies that are not covered by medicare, I'm sure you can do better by shopping mail order medical supply sites online.
    Good luck to all of us.......

I use the Apothecary at Shepherd Center. I am not on Medicare though.. I have always had a good experience with them. My contact there is a quad.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

I switched to UTI Medical for my catheters last year. Their service is great, but I'm a little shocked at how much they charge insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by EastRando View Post
    I switched to UTI Medical for my catheters last year. Their service is great, but I'm a little shocked at how much they charge insurance.
    I'm even more shocked by how little my insurance reimburses them. Insurance companies have established schedules of payment, which you can be sure they don't exceed. The billed amount is really not a meaningful number. There's a song and dance that goes on between providers (doctors, therapists, etc.) and insurance companies that requires several advanced degrees to understand, and even then it probably makes no rational sense.

But to your first point, UTI Medical has been the best urologicals supplier I've used, and I've been through quite a few of them over 26 years.