Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: House

My Handicap house Floor Plan

If anyone wants to build a house with a basement and don't want to pay for a elevator get in touch with me. Here is my house with the ramp.

That looks like a crazy steep ramp. I'm assuming it's nowhere near the 1:12 code? 8-9' of rise would need 96-108' of ramp. You've got what, maybe 30' tops?

Tigger, I wasn't putting down your design earlier, because I do think it's a great looking place, but I was just a little surprised that didn't make it accessible. That doesn't mean that it has to have some big gawdy ramp sticking out into the front yard, but if a friend of yours built this house, you'd be screwed when it came time to visit and check out the finished product.

Being a designer, you're in the perfect position to influence people and convince them to build with visitability in mind. Quoting from http://www.visitability.org/ "Visitability" is a growing trend nationwide. The term refers to single-family or owner-occupied housing designed in such a way that it can be lived in or visited by people who have trouble with steps or who use wheelchairs or walkers.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    That looks like a crazy steep ramp. I'm assuming it's nowhere near the 1:12 code? 8-9' of rise would need 96-108' of ramp. You've got what, maybe 30' tops?
    It's about 56'-5" long. I built this house for me and I live in the Country, so no codes...lol I know what the codes are. I've drawn 2 Medical Clinic, Banks, Auto Store, Condos, and over 100's houses. I'm not bragging or being ugly either Scott. Here's a web site for the Contrator I use to work for. I did't do the Arvest Bank and a few others. http://www.davisconstructioninc.com/index2.php

Deadeye, ever house I draw for people I always talk them in to 3' doors where needed and a bathroom with room for a roll in showers. Everyone is going to get old someday...

all I was geting at is that it looks a bit steep for some to want to push up (e.g. me).

codes technically don't apply to personal residences, whether in the country or not.

Oh my goodness that is my dream house. Especially because it's surrounded by a lake! Can you build me one of those too? You do beautiful work, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    all I was geting at is that it looks a bit steep for some to want to push up (e.g. me).

codes technically don't apply to personal residences, whether in the country or not.
    Scott if you ever stop by I'll pull you up behind me...lol Going down the ramp your on your own.lol

Quote Originally Posted by mikeswife View Post
    Oh my goodness that is my dream house. Especially because it's surrounded by a lake! Can you build me one of those too? You do beautiful work, thanks for sharing.
    Yeah just tell me what you want...

Als

I took a job today to help a guy who is 30 years old and just fould out he has ALS... Bad deal..