Thread: question for paras who use powerchair

question for paras who use powerchair

I got a friend that's a t6 for 20 years. Due to shulder and wrists giving fits has decided on power when leaving house to prolong health. She doesn't like scooters. What power chairs would you recommend to a para

I use an invacare to work outside and mow the lawn etc.... I used a Jazzy and it was so comfortable and nice. tight turning radious as well. The Invacare is foldable. Sorta lol. It is a lot lighter though. I can take the batteries off and have a person load it in the truck.

I'm t3-4 and have TDX-SP by invicare and really like it. Haven't had too much trouble with it.

I would have to second the p222se! With a manual chair, you get used to your personal space being a certain size-width in particular. When you switch to a power chair, you now have a new body dimension:LENGTH of chair (front to back). In my opinion, "mid wheel" chairs may make turns on a dime but they are still LONGER front to back. Front to back length becomes an issue when making 90 degree turns in tight spaces like hallways and vans. If you are used to a manual chair, you might wish to consider a rear wheel drive chair such as a quickiep222se. It is a bit narrower, a bit shorter than other power chairs, looks more like manual chair and here's the best kept secret: you can take it APART for those times when you are on travel and renting a car instead of paying big bucks to rent a van.
    Good luck in your search!
    engineermom2

i third the quickie 222. have had 2 and the 200 before them. they can easily be put in a car by a 2nd person, have a manual conversion (power base slides out) and are very reliable. also excellent on diff terrains.

I think that the best solution for active people using manual wheelchair and want to have a power wheelchair is Alber E-fix mounted on an ultralight wheelchair: http://www.adaptado.es/content/view/26/32/

I've been using this solution for about 5 years and it works great. Zinger will be another alternative soon, but now i think this is the best solution if you don't want to have a big wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by lisarolls View Post
    I got a friend that's a t6 for 20 years. Due to shulder and wrists giving fits has decided on power when leaving house to prolong health. She doesn't like scooters. What power chairs would you recommend to a para

I have to go along with Bailey5774. I've had a couple of Pride chairs which were excellent. When I got the Invacare TSX-SP, I really liked the upgrade. If you go here: http://www.invacare.com/videos/TDX_SP_320.mov, you can see a demo video. I haven't tried all the moves yet but have done a few of them.

Good luck with your choice.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne