Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Are those boots or meaty calves with bare feet?

Remember in that episode, Sokka finds Kyoshi's boots and the guy who had them said she had the biggest feet of any avatar (no idea how he could possible know that). Sokka tries to get Aang to use that fact to prove his innocence but Aang messes it up. Of course channeling the spirit of Kyoshi was more convincing anyway. BTW, I like to eat raw dough.

I love the end of that episode... Kyoshi splitting the earth and creating an island from a peninsula was an epic Avatar moment. Makes one wonder what the limits of a fully actualized avatar might be!

I think Avatar is the only show right now that I can always watch. Doesn't matter which episode or how many times I've seen it, I always notice something new. Like with that clip you posted, notice the quality of the animation in Kyoshi's motions when she is splitting the earth at 1:10 and 1:30. Never noticed that before.

Anyway, on a somewhat related note, I'm about 200 episodes into One Piece, an anime I highly recommend.

I definitely remember the episode. That's why it's called just-us!

I could never get into Luffy and crew. Are you watching the dubbed or subbed episodes?

Did you hear that Legend of Korra will only be 12 episodes long? That means no Ember Island episodes and no Little Soldier Boy.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I stick with the fansubbed versions. The dubbed translations can be pretty terrible especially the "4kids" translations. The people who do the fansubs go to great lengths to retain the flavor of the original script and it makes a big difference.

The opening theme you embedded was created for the American release of the show and totally failed to capture the spirit of the Straw Hat Pirates. Here's the original Japanese song with a decent English dub.

How much have you watched? After about the first 20 episodes I was hooked. I've watched the first 200 episodes and so far the quality of the show has remained excellent.

I didn't know Korra was only planned for 12 episodes. I think if it's successful they would extend it. What's Little Soldier Boy? The story of Iroh and his son during the first Ba Sing Se siege? That would be great.

I watched the first 10-15 episodes on CN and gave up on it. I'm pretty sure they aired the 4Kids dub. Can you recommend a good fansub for One Piece? I think DB used to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    I didn't know Korra was only planned for 12 episodes. I think if it's successful they would extend it. What's Little Soldier Boy? The story of Iroh and his son during the first Ba Sing Se siege? That would be great.
    I hope they extend it. The intent: The creators also confirmed that they will directly write all twelve episodes, explaining that as a mini-series, episode fillers will be omitted, allowing for a "really tight" and "cool" story. (Source) I'm comfortable with that, with the proviso that they get another 11 for a Season 1.5.

Little Soldier Boy is the song Iroh sang in Tales from Ba Sing Se. Eliminating filler episodes will limit their ability to have fans connect emotionally with the characters. (The haiku segment is my favorite Sokka story, for example. Runner up: his scene giving advice to the actor playing him... another filler episode.)
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

So weird. I just finished the series literally an hour ago. LOL. The ending was kinda expected, but great anime none the least.

I thought it was good. I read all the negative reviews, which put everyone off it, to the point no one wanting to come with me to see it.

Damn it wasnt THAT bad. Jesus. People in general need to relax. I can undertand how fans of the show were disappointed about the race of the characters, and the lack of charisma in them. but seriously M.Sham did a great job with conveying the environment (which imo was the main part of the cartoon) and cheographing around it with special fxs elegantly.

Behind the scene, there's a powerful group of people trying to tarnish his rep (think entourage, prolly some exec) but I hope M. Shamalyan continues to do his thing, he's talented and brings a style I enjoy watching.
    Last edited by Imight; 12-14-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: summary

M. Night certainly has his share of haters, and anime/cartoon fans are a particularly fickle bunch. I plan to get it on DVD sometime soon, I'm sure the kids and I will enjoy it.