Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one of those days.

Another one of those days.

Yesterday I had one of those 'woe is me, I hate being crippled day'.

Got on the toilet at work as I have done 1000x. Got my pants up, went to transfer back over to my chair and I just could NOT do it. I kept losing my balance, hand would slip, foot would slip, chair would slip, you name it and it slipped or just completed ruined my routine. I tried, I tried, I tried.......30 minutes later, I was still f'ing trying and was really starting to get pissed off and that's when I said 'I hate being crippled, blah blah blah'....at the 45 minute mark, I finally got to my correct position and got up. I was fatigued as hell, but I DID IT and that just gave me a sense of accomplishment, but the whole ordeal kinda ruined my day.

So, I went and had lunch and carried on........I always hit the head before I go home for my 1.5-2 hour commute. I looked at that toilet and said 'F you, you cannot beat me and you will not beat me'. I literally said it out loud and got on the toilet, just to prove myself I could do it and just had a crappy moment. DAMMIT if I didn't get stuck again and it ended up taking another 30 minutes to off the freaking pot, just because I wanted to show ME it was a fluke.....so I was even more mad and depressed for the long trip home.

Today is here and it's a new day, went into the bathroom at work this morning, got on and off couple minutes total not one freaking issue.

My point here is, no matter how bad TODAY is TOMORROW will be better and we will ALL have a bad day from time to time!! It's not the end of the world, just a part of our lives that we deal with that will and do make us stronger in the end!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

I happen to think you're an amazing fella Wolfeman ... I'm sorry for your crappy day and I'm so glad things turned around ! I especially want to thank you for the reminder ..... I was needing a boot in the butt today so your timing was pretty perfect !

As Sue says - Courage does not always roar .. sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I'll try again tomorrow" ...... I believe there's many courageous people here at CC and I'm honoured to be among you !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

My point here is, no matter how bad TODAY is TOMORROW will be better and we will ALL have a bad day from time to time!! It's not the end of the world, just a part of our lives that we deal with that will and do make us stronger in the end!

Wolfeman, The above quote from your post is a point I need to remind myself of.
    Sorry you had all of that happen, but just remember YOU won.

its just gimp life bro. you said fuck you sci. rock on
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

thats life with sci.

Wolfeman, I agree with Obie that you are an amazing fellow. Sorry you had such a lousy battle with the toilet yesterday.....but hey, you won!! Great attitude.

I visit that state of mind quite a bit too. I'm always cussing body parts, things too far away, the reacher I drop & so on. As you realize too, not all days will be so bad.

Yup, tomorrow is usually better than the current bad day whenever it happens. I hope the rest of your week is great!

Quote Originally Posted by amarillogal View Post
    Yup, tomorrow is usually better than the current bad day whenever it happens. I hope the rest of your week is great!
    Past two days have been wonderful!!! So the 'BS' the other day seems like an enternity ago!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

You have such a wonderful outlook even in the worst of moments. Thank you for sharing.