Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: no change yet

Wishin ya the best bud!

You were brave enough to give it a shot man.That makes ya hero whether you know it or not.Good luck and all the best to ya..

.........\/PEACE
    ~Shaun~

A couple other Suggestions Bill

You may want to try using Imagery at least a couple times a day, that is pretend you are running along a beach or a field and keep trying to move every part of you're body that is paralyzed, this may assist in the nerves finding their proper targets.

The other thing worth consideration is Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments, this could also aid in the healing process. Maybe Dr. Young would please comment on both these ideas, I know Hyperbaric O2 was discussed recently, but I believe especially in you're case Bill, it might be worth a try. Shaun is right that you are a hero, if this procedure helps out others you will have been the pioneer. It took a lot of courage to go through what you went through.

bilby

maybe spasms stopped because of spinal shock.

Hey Bilby!

I had the worst pain in the areas I got the most return later. Like I normally score 5s on my quads and I spent about 3 months on methadone for that pain. Hurts like hell but I will bet it is worth it. :-)

Ditto with the spasms. Sounds like oyu're coming out of spinal shock. Can you get more range of motion or massage? Both help pain and the spasms.

Go Hero!!!

..!..

Sue P-
    Thanks for the compliment but you're the true hero.

If I do regain any movement or sensation that is meaningful, i'll probably be elated. But the real JOY will be coming to this website and sharing that information with all you guys, just knowing you'll reap the same benefits in the near future will make it that much better.

Dr. Young - I know it's still being debated whether the scar tissue prevents regeneration across the site of the injury, but in my case without a doubt it would of. I don't think my injury is unique, i'm sure others probably have the same problem with calcified scar tissue as I did, in light of this, wouldn't removing the scar be an essential part of any therapy?

bill

I went for my monthly check up yesterday, so I want to fill you guys in on some additional information on the progression of the Diacrin trials.

First-The FDA only approved the procedure for 6 patients in total, three at Albany and three in St. Louis. Secondly, they are having trouble finding a third volunteer for the trials in Albany. The surgery scheduled for the beginning of August was canceled because the person changed his mind at the last minute.

How times change, a few years ago the people of this fine community were screaming for trials to begin, now we have the luxury of choosing what therapy we think will be the best for us, while turning a blind-eye toward the ones we deem unworthy-now that's what I call progress..!..

bill

Any changes?

any changes from the check up? Feeling any difference yet? More pain, less pain?

neither one of you are the hero. I AM THE HERO.

bilby you are right. we ask for it, but no one goes. however on the other hand, we all have the same data but we each believe in our treatment we believe will work. i am tempted to join diacrin, but i feel more comfortable in another therapy schedule for the year 9,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Please fill me in

Bilby,
    I guess I'm kind of out of the loop. Just wondering how, when, and where your surgery took place? Hope to hear that you see some changes real soon!!

Dax- I had modified stem cells from a pig injected into my spinal cord at the site of my injury-c6. It was two months ago, I haven't noticed any change from my pre-injury condition.

bill