Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: meeting with Carl C. Kao

BirdeR,

In November you mentioned that Jim was changing to the sustained release 4AP and would take 3 15mg caps a day instead of two mg caps 5 x a day.

I just wondered if the change to the sustained release 4AP made any difference? How big is Jim by weight? The pharmacists at the pharmacy where I tried 4Ap had a formula for giving 4AP and I remember it was by weight. I weigh maybe 145-150 lbs and was up to 45 mg a day. I believe I had some benefit but not enough to make a difference in my own daily living. Some small strengthening of my hand and fingers, a little better motility and bowel management. Hope Jim continues to see some benefit from his surgery

Joe B
    C6-7

it sounds like jim is doing great,i am jealous,no urinating on my own or ejaculations....maybe because i am a higher level and complete.how does jim get on a tractor,backhoe,etc.and what has he done to adapt them so he does not need the clutch.which 4 wheeler is he driving

hi there jim,it sound's like your feeling fine,that's good.I to had the surgery and feel fine.Can i ask if any feeling has started to come back below the injury?i know how dr.young said it come's back like hair would grow.Do you do the excercise's every day?do you feel like the exercise program has made an difference?and if the censory does'nt come back,how can the program make a difference?beside's keeping you in a little beter shape,maybe you can help me with that one dr.young?good luck jim

Is there hope?

I'm a T-10 complete and I would like to live with at least a ray of hope. But I frequently notice that those whom Dr. Kao has operated on are incompletes. Does that mean there's no hope for me? Some bone shards from my vertabra lodged in my spinal column. My lesion is described as a burst. I was injured March 10, 2000 and do not have feeling or voluntary movement below my injury level (thus I'm complete).

Has Dr. Kao done procedures on complete injuries? I welcome all replies. Be straight with me. I don't think I'll get anything back. However, I'm not asking for much. It would be great to get some bowel, bladder or feeling back. I've been having problems with bladder accidents.

Of course, my dreams would be practifully be fulfilled if I could experience ejaculation again.

I will have the money to pay for a Kao procedure. But is this a pipe dream? Your friend, Scribe

Is there hope?

I'm a T-10 complete and I would like to live with at least a ray of hope. But I frequently notice that those whom Dr. Kao has operated on are incompletes. Does that mean there's no hope for me? Some bone shards from my vertabra lodged in my spinal column. My lesion is described as a burst. I was injured March 10, 2000 and do not have feeling or voluntary movement below my injury level (thus I'm complete).

Has Dr. Kao done procedures on complete injuries? I welcome all replies. Be straight with me. No hope is better than false hope. I don't think I'll get anything back. However, I'm not asking for much. It would be great to get some bowel, bladder or feeling back. I've been having problems with bladder accidents.

Of course, my dreams would be practifully be fulfilled if I could experience ejaculation again.

I will have the money to pay for a Kao procedure. But is this a pipe dream? Your friend, Scribe

Gosh Yes

Of course you have hope it may or may not be with Kao. I'm a c4/5 since 76 and am sure that sooner rather than later I'll be at least a para and anything beyond thats gravy. Keep your body in shape and hey maybe invest that money in one of these companies that's going to pop when the first break through comes. Then later you can buy me a Bud light.

For what its worth,

Leo

surgery

Many of his patients are complete. After the surgery Dr. Kao referes to them as incomplete, because many, but not, all have some significant recovery. Remember this is not a cure!

JJG

Sexual cure

Are there any completes out there who can feel their ejaculations? Are there any who have gotten back any bowel or bladder control?

Are there other procedures being performed besides Dr. Kao's?

Originally posted by Scribe:

Are there other procedures being performed besides Dr. Kao's?

Scribe, go to the Trials Forum, Dr. Young lists all the treatments and clinical trials available for chronic and acute SCI.

Thanks

Seneca, thanks for the tip. I especially appreciate SPIs willing to help others. Keep caring and sharing