Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: meeting with Carl C. Kao

Damn you all

Why won't you let me(us,them,ya'll,I, me, he, she, it, they, if, but, so) have us privacy.There's nothing wrong with spending weeks at a time pretending to be a cripple of the opposite sex. Ever since word got out that I got this groundbreaking (nevermind the fact thousands of others have had the same operation)surgery, people have been surrounding my hidden lair located deep within the hills of Georgia with the intention of gawking at me, my hideous looking wife, and my short bus riding kids. The pictures that that privacy invading jgiambro guy took are plastered all over the internet. All the major TV networks have cut back on covering that thousands of people dying thing in order to carry my inspirational story. In fact, we can't even go to the secluded creek where I wash our clothes (with lye soap, of course), gather the berries, and catch the fish us thrive on without being mobbed by the local gimps all wanting to know how they too can get this miraculous surgery that lets you move not just one, but two toes. All I ever wanted was to live out the rest of our years as a sun fearing, people avoiding, shack dwelling, inbreeding hermit with multiple personalities. Is that too much to ask?

[This message was edited by birdew on September 18, 2001 at 10:48 AM.]

Teamwork

Because we are a team. We are in this together, everyone on this forum. We are a team battling our way OUT of these wheelchairs. Let's be straight with each other. Together we stand.

Eric Texley

Mental terrorists

Birde (J & R), Jake and everyone else willing to got to such lengths to find a cure or some improvement in their situations are to be commended and should have our full support whether we would choose to do have the same procedures ourselves or for our loved ones. I know we should ignore the posts of the Birdew's and Ron's of this world, but I simply don't understand why anyone would go out of their way to try to insult, hurt, or demoralize another person at all, and especially one that is hurting. In my mind, these imbeciles are their own brand of terrorists. They are terrorists of the mind and the soul and should be eradicated from this forum in the same fashion as any other terrorist should be eradicated.
    Good luck to all of you.

martha

Team work

That is what this form is all about. Ever since I have posted here, I have gotten dozen of emails from all over the world from individuals needing advice and support. These individuals have contacted me through my son's web site (www.jake15.com). We are hoping to use his site and this forum to provide hope and resources to hundreds of thousand of crippled people all over the world. I know that it is working from the positive feedback that I have received over the past 8 months. A few derogatory comments will not sway our resolve.

Best Regards:

JJG

thankyou Eric, Martha, and jgiambro, and the rest of you that have privatly sent emails supporting me and my family. I am not concerned what others post in regards to hateful and angry comments...I was upset about their posts regarding Dr. Kao and his credibility. B.T.W. jgiambro did not post any pictures of anyone, you AGAIN have the wrong individual.

We got in contact with College Pharm. and the 4AP is on the way, thank you everyone. I would also like to welcome home Jake and his mom (Susan) or as I like to call her (Still) (inside joke). I am still concerned about the two other patients in Ecuador...Jay and Scott and their family members that are with them, I hope they get home safe as well and soon!

birdew = Ron

Ron = Punk = @$$hole

'Nuff said.

~Rus

"Because you're not promised tomorrow." ~ Stuck Mojo

can anyone tell me more about .....

Can anyone tell me more about these medications: 1) DIBENZYLENE 2) URECHOLINE Jim (and others who had Dr. Kao's procedure have been prescribed these meds. I am interested in the side effects that they may produce. One of Dr. Kao's recent patients started taking the meds. as prescribed and had a reaction to them. "when i took them like it said. at night i started having to swallow about every two seconds then my throat would close up and i could'nt swallow at all. also i got real bad bad shakes then sweats so bad the bed would be solid sweat." This is what was explained to us. Any thoughts? Why would this happen? An allergic reaction perhaps?

BirdeR, the severity of the reaction described by the other patient is a little unusual.

Dibenzylene is phenoxybenzamine, an alpha adrenergic receptor blocker. It may be used to treat autonomic dysreflexia. It is sometimes used as an antihypertensive (i.e. for reducing high blood pressure). It is also sometimes used to treat bladder problems and is often used to treat pheochromocytoma which is a tumor condition that is associated with excessive release of catecholamines. Phenoxybenzamines can cause nausea, dizziness, drowsiness. It should not cause the excessive sweating and in fact is used to treat excessive sweating associated with pheochromocytoma.

Urecholine is a muscarinic receptor blocker and is used chiefly to reduce bladder spasticity. t can cause dry mouth.

I am not familiar with the combination of the two drugs. However, the symptoms described by your friend should be assessed by a doctor before he continues with the treatment. I think that they are unusual enough to suggest investigation for some other possibilities besides an "allergic" response. It doesn't sound like an allergic type response.

Wise.

Except for the sweating that sounds like my reaction to tetanus shots. One of these days I'm supposed to find out if it's the toxin or the toxoid (??) that I'm allergic to because I haven't had a vaccnation in 20 years now and that was in basic training and the idiot drill sargeant refused to believe anyone could be allergic to tetanus shots. Two hours later when he saw his first case of anaphalactic shock he learned differently.