Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: meeting with Carl C. Kao

Good Luck!

Good luck to BOTH Jake and Birde! Keep us posted!

Maceyka

You have healing thoughts headed towards Jake right now, Joe. Can I ask why your family chose Dr Kao and not someone closer like in Miami for Jake's syringomyelia surgery? And that is a terrific web site you have. Nie way to keep everyone in your extended family and all your friends including us here at CareCure up to date.

Kao over Miami

Thanks for your nice comments on the site.My hope is to make a detailed web site, so when the next father is faced with our decisions, he will have some resources to help. First off since Jake is not 18 he would not qualify to enter into the Miami Project. Second we could enter any major University hospital like Miami or UAB where Jake spent 3 months and they could treat the syringomeglia. However, they would not do the other experimental procedures which could lead to Jake walking with the aid of boots and a walker and make him a para instead of a quad. We spent time at UAB, Shepherds, and the Schriner's Hospital in Philly and all said that there was no hope for Jake to walk again during this decade. Only Dr. Kao with his majic touch and gentle ways offered us hope. He said that he had worked on a number of quads with syringo, and they are doing very well now. What would you do, if it was your son? My son is already too tired of being a quad!

Sincerely:

JJG

Jgiambro,

Have you guys considered Dr. Cheng's nerve growth cocktail or Russia's stem cell injections? Their procedures are much less invasive, risky and require less recuperation time. Maybe you can go to Miami to have to syingo. fixed and then to Taiwan or Russia for the cure therapies. The travelling costs are about the same.

I think I'd be doing what you and your son are doing, Joe. I didn't realize that Miami did not work with those under 18. Seems rather rule heavy to me. I mean it's not like teenagers have less need of independence.

Equador and Dr. Kao

Please keep our whole family in your prayers as we travel to Ecuador on Sunday. If we get there and find out it's not as we expected, or don't feel comfortable with the surgery, we will not have the surgery. We need prayers for discernment to make the best choices for him. For continued information, please see his website at www.jake15.com. We could go for the surgery in Miami to correct the syringomegalia and then somewhere else for cell injections, but we would like to have the whole thing done at one time. We have talked with other patients that have had syringo, and then got the entire treatment from Dr. Kao. They are very satisfied. We are all extremely nervous and can't get sleep at night.

Sincerely:

JJ

Good luck and best wishes for Jake!

I hope everything goes well and let us know. Wise.

Has anyone heard?

From Birde or Runningbear?

(Are these names from a Kevin Costner movie. Where's Twosox?)

Just a little joke.

signed,
    Dances with Wolves

recovery

All are doing well and having some small return in function/ and or sensations.

JJG