Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: meeting with Carl C. Kao

JJG, that is great! I am so glad that you saw Birde and Ed http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14057 and please say hi to her and Ed for us. Wise.

Greetings from Ecuador!!!

Hello all of you! We have a few minor problems here in Ecuador (none that have any relation with the operation)...our laptop was stolen at the Quito airport the evening we arrived as well as travelers checks!!! So Teddy and Ed have lent me theres today (very nice of them). To get on line is difficult (to say the least) and once on, it is soooo SLOW!!!! We are doing well. The operation was a success and was the longest one this time around (12 1/2 hours)for the Americans. Today Dr. Kao is in surgery with an Ecuadorian with cancer (something about 3 tumors on his spine). This is expected to be a 20 hour operation. There are 2 Ecuadorians who had Dr. Kao's procedure, and 8 Americans this time around. The last operation will be tomorrow. We have leg and foot movement though!!! Jake as you read had a very small movement last night...we have very large, strong, easy to see movement. Toes on both feet can and do move on command, as does the feet and thighs!!! The abdomen is stronger and sensory level has dropped down about an inch on the right side and 2 inches on the left side already!!! B.T.W. I am NOT MARRIED TO ED (as jakes dad had posted!!!!)-Ed is with Teddy Lancaster(his companion)-Jake´s dad was only here a few days and for that reason I can understand that his story was a bit off. The medical attention is good here, 2 Americans have had dental work, one has had hemeroid(sp?) operation, and 2 have had breast surgeries too!!! They all seem pleased. We come home on Friday and at that time I can and will answer all questions. We are very pleased thus far, we will be standing tomorrow and taking the first steps Thursday with the Italian boots!!!!!

[This message was edited by Birde on September 06, 2001 at 08:14 AM.]

Hello
    First, I want to say good luck to Jake. I just read posting about Jake recovery. So exciting to know that he moves his legs.
    My question now :
    I m c4 complete since 1991 (hockey accident ). I m paralysed shoulders to toes.
    I m interested to go to Equador for this surgery.
    What are the steps to follow?
    How to know if I m a good candidate for that treatment ?
    All informations you will give to me, will be largely appreciated.
    Thanks a lot

Paul and Curtis-

I was fooled too, I thought Birde was in a wheel chair. Her initial post on this thread states she has a T10 injury. She also on many other occasions, made comments that would lead you to believe she has a sci. I wonder why she never mentioned otherwise?

bill

Maybe she is a Wannabe? EOM.

eom.

Birdie

Birdie does not have an injury, her boyfriend, Jim does. They will be home today. She should be back with us soon wiht plenty of good news!

JJG

"His examination was thorough, gentle, and quite professional. He says that I am T10-incomplete as I have voluntary muscle movement below the injury."

These are birde's own words. And she has posted god knows how many similar posts about "her" paralysis. If we take Jake's father at his word that she is indeed not paralyzed, then she has misled all of us, and she should be ashamed of herself. I don't know the reason for her deception, but clearly she has mental difficulties.

You know what P.T. Barnum said.

Birdie

I am sure Robin will straighten this confusion out in do time. I started the problem by saying that she and Ed (Running Bear) were married, which is not true. She and Jim (T10) are parteners. Both are wonderful people, the kind that you want for close friends. I wish them both nothing but the best! I will miss them a lot!

Sincerely:

JJG

Maybe both Jim and Birde post under the same name. I remember Birde saying that he was a guy bc someone assumed Birde was a female name.