Thread: Lawn Care

Lawn Care

So after about a year of taking apart and putting back together i final got my riding lawn mower back together and running. The wife is not happy about that at all cuz I said she might have to help with the trimming and edging but thats my next question. Does anyone have any tricks or ideas on trimming and edging. I have been looking for a lite battery operated edger so i can hold it with one hand and use my electric scotter to drive me around the yard but I dont know. I was going to mount a hanger for a gas trimmer on the front of the electric scotter and just drive it arounf but didnt think that would work. The wife just wants me to sell the lawn mower and pay the landscaper to mow it so any ideas on what to use of do would be much appreciated
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

This trimmer looks to be one of the lightest battery operated ones that still work ok:
    http://www.amazon.com/WG151-5-18-Vol.../dp/B001VEJHSU

You could try mounting a caster type wheel on it for better control and less fatigue when using one hand. It would take some experimenting to get the angles right.

I use a gas Yard Man trimmer with a bungee cord around my shoulders/neck and clip it onto the handle and sit on my Wrangler to do our fence line, ditch, culverts and around the trees. Works fine for me. I'll get my daughter to take a picture of my set up this weekend when I cut the grass to give you a better idea of how I do it.

My wife bought one of the battery operated trimmers a couple years ago and the battery ran down in less than 15 minutes. BUT, they do have new ones with a Lithium battery, that will certainly be lighter and MAY last longer, depending on how much you have to trim.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

That Wrangler is pretty cool for a scooter. If I was a para I would probably get one for my off road activities.

You could just get a goat.

Or a couple a' black labs and tie them to the front. Just picturing ,,, whooooa, hold on there, wait up, hold on I gotta get this here weeds , gotta cut off at the pass. Okay, go ahead, get on there, another two feet.

Thanks

Thanks for all the input guys I will try to do the bungie cord thing but my neighbor also wants to work out a deal if I mow his lawn he will trim both of ours. I have to but the trimmer though, which is fine cuz I was going to buy one anyways. addison which lithium one do u have? Wman does it get too loud with the gas mower that close to you? I was also going to attach the trimmer to the scotter that I have but we will see.
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I've setup the lawn here so very little edging it needed. I mow slow and careful around the flower beds. Around the swing set poles I just use a little round up.
    Andrew