Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Microcyn and Wound Care

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Are you using the liquid Wound and Infection Vetericyn (blue bottle), Vetericyn VVF (white bottle) or the hydrogel product?

I have been using the liquid Vetericyn VVF Wound and Infection formulation for 15 months and have never had a grit or residue at the bottom of the bottle.
    it is the blue bottle. The first 2 bottles I purchased on-line and could have been frozen during shipping, I didn't really pay attention to it due to the opaque bottle. I had been using it as cath lube (at home) until I got down to the bottom half of the bottle and would notice some grits on the cath. Threw it out and didn't use the second bottle until I had a full-blown wicked burning UTI, it seemed better or psychologically it was because it helped my symptoms. I don't instill the stuff nor will I, I wouldn't drink the stuff why would I want it directly in my bladder. From my own research I believe the majority of infections in people that do intermittent cath are caused by the insertion of the cath pushing bad stuff through the urethra. That's why I began using it as cath lube, to clean my pee hole. I don't know how effective this has been so I don't bother with the shit anymore.

Now when I begin getting incontinent (my first sign of infection) I just drink as much water as I can (like 6-8 litres) as quickly as I can, put a movie on, lay down and cath as needed. This has been and will be my alternative to doctor visits and anti-biotics. Works everytime, I feel energized/hydrated after this (plus the psychological factor of not pissing myself) and can resume my exercise/activity regimen. The more active I am, the more water I drink, the less infections I get.

The last 2 bottles I got locally at a farm pharmacy. I actually got them for some rugby teammates that had stubborn pressure sores. When they saw the animal pictures on the label they looked at me like I was insane. I said "google it", and said it was the same formula as microcyn. Clueless, believing in nothing but their medical "professional", they still think I was trying to make them eat cat food or something. The first bottle was fine, I had a very stubborn open sore from a belt buckle (won't do that again) that it healed most excellent. This was a good lesson for me to watch all my skin closely and I was most thankful it wasn't on my ass. I used about half and then accidently spilled it all over my bed one day. The second bottle I pulled out after I got a tattoo and bled like a stuck pig. It was very sore, on my shoulder blade and just aggravated the hell out of me. So I did the paper-towel soak-and-apply-til-dry method and felt immediately better. I used/wasted quite a bit in my desperation. Sunday came back from Montreal with a fresh tattoo on the other shoulder blade, and because it had healed the first side so fast I used it again but noticed the half bottle was about one quarter grit. I kind of "stirred not shaken" and applied as much of the liquid sans grit. It's been 5 days and it's mostly healed already. Shit is amazing...

but I doubt I buy the blue bottle again. Going to look into the hydrogel, just to have around for emergencies - ie. infected tattoos and omg-no pressure ulcers (knock on wood).

I contacted Vetericyn customer support and talked with them. Over time, they have received hundreds of questions, comments, concerns about their product, but never once a mention of "grit."

There are many who use the Vetericyn VF in their bladder with very effective results. Drinking lots of water helps, but it won't get rid of a long standing entrenched colonization that keeps erupting into infections.

One thing your right about is the antimicrobial effectiveness--good to hear your tats healed up so well!

Be well,

Susanne
    I'm back on Facebook again--up and running!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000532232573

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    I contacted Vetericyn customer support and talked with them. Over time, they have received hundreds of questions, comments, concerns about their product, but never once a mention of "grit."
    well I guess that's the last cent they ever see from me. When all else fails "deny, deny, deny". I refuse to believe I am the only one this ever happened too... going to give the sample to a girl I know that goes to university and see if she can find someone that can help me get to the bottom of this.

Thank you for going to the trouble! I appreciate it.

tooley--talk to them yourself, that's the best way. They can send you up the chain of command to get to the bottom of it. Don't be pissed at them, they want to solve these kinds of things as much as you.

Be well

Susanne

I want to say vetericyn is amazing! My son is a T5 and a teen. He had a small open sore near coccyx area. We called it a crack in the crack. It would be consider stage 2 and not bad but I know that can change very quickly. We applied every cream etc that we could find. I encouraged him to get out of the chair as much as possible. And that is not out of the chair very much. I called rehab and a wound clinic for advice.

After about 6 weeks of getting a little worse to no change at all, I went and purchased the vetericyn gel at a local farm supply store. Not much change after the first few applications. Gradually I saw improvement! After about 10 days of hit and miss with using the vetercyn daily to every other day it is healed. Gone!

I am almost afraid to say it! I am just so happy!!!! No doctor visits and just the cost of the gel! No infection. And we did not even use it daily except for the first few days. This is amazing stuff. And considering all the money I spent on creams and ointments the price of the vetericyn was very reasonable. And we have quite a bit left.

I am only hoping I can convince him to use the liquid to treat or prevent UTI. But He needs to cooperate for that one.

Thank you Leila! And all at CC too!
    Sincerely, Ben's Mom

Good news Ben's Mom! I love helping Mom's!

May you and your son be well,

Susanne

Yes vetericyn is amazing.I use it in my bladder ,pressure sores and as a prophylaxes on my trach stoma site and suprapubic tube site.

I haven't had to use antibiotics for over a year....trust Leila.Vetericyn is for real when it comes to eliminating infections.

Thanks so much Nancy!

To keep going here, as I said before, some people think Microcyn (Dermacyn in Europe) is just for minor wounds or for prevention, but it is used in wound care clinics for life threatening wounds, limb salvage clinics, burn clinics, etc, with amazing results. Stage four decubiti are often healed. This pdf file clearly indicates this:

http://www.oculusis.com/mexico/mp/ca...bitusUlcer.pdf

just got a bottle today and going to start using it. One quick question – do I keep it refrigerated once open?

Yes. It will reatain it's potency much better when refrigerated.