Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cure - dr. Young

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cure - dr. Young

How much longer do we got left before we are cured?

What politician do I need to black-male??

Oh, can horse back riding help us?

All waiting for Wise´s answer.

How goes it G?
    What have you been up to?

How much longer do we got left before we are cured? Predication is any one's guess

What politician do I need to black-male?? All of em!

Oh, can horse back riding help us? It will shake you up like the chi machine!
    Jake's Pop

Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER View Post
    Maybe a billionaire investor instead. I heard that Buffet and Gates
    are trying to encourage other billionaires to donate at least half of
    their wealth to charity. Half a billion could start and finish Wise's
    clinical trials in Hong Kong and the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    Maybe a billionaire investor instead. I heard that Buffet and Gates
    are trying to encourage other billionaires to donate at least half of
    their wealth to charity. Half a billion could start and finish Wise's
    clinical trials in Hong Kong and the U.S.
    Dropping one less bomb a day on some remote hills in Afghanistan would help.

Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER View Post
    How much longer do we got left before we are cured?

Oh, can horse back riding help us?
    Hey, MP. First, big hug.

I don't know when the cure will come. What I know is that it will happen and the therapies are likely to be combinations of cell transplants, growth factors, and growth inhibitor blockers. I also know that as long as we don't try therapies in people, we will not find out whether something works or not.

All politician need to be "black-maled" or rain-bowed. Don't you think that it is ridiculous that they decided to put together a trillion dollar stimulus package and forbade the funding to be used for clinical trials? It makes no sense.

Horseback riding does help, in my opinion, because it will help restore your postural reflexes. Swimming should also help. I have long advocated standing and being able to stand an hour a day in a standing frame is one of the requirements for being in our clinical trials. The reason that I require patients to be able to stand is because I don't want silly things like tender feet, blood pressure, and orthopedic problems be the reasons why people do not walk in our clinical trials.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 06-20-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Hey
    Dr. Young

Right back at you, with open arms!
    Not to bring up the same thing and I know you tired of the same question.

Since you say it will happen. Can you say the cure will be here in 18 mnths??Who do we have to get the ok from directly to try these therapies?

That doesn't make NO sense at all to put a stimulus package together over clinical trials.. I will blast on someone later on, but I'll just make sure im in another state cause I know some carecure members like to call the FBI,.LOL..

Orthopedic problems? My legs take a while to straighten. Any advice to make them straighten and loosen up some?

Do you think a horse is worth buying? Lots of people say when riding is like walking. I guess like using the ambulator/lokomat. Im willing to do anything to help myself..
    You know thearuptic.

PS; Doc im so tired of sci, I done had enough, this is old.
    I know you tired of this too, I know you ready to cure us and move on with your life..

Any politician name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Hey, MP. First, big hug.

I don't know when the cure will come. What I know is that it will happen and the therapies are likely to be combinations of cell transplants, growth factors, and growth inhibitor blockers. I also know that as long as we don't try therapies in people, we will not find out whether something works or not.

All politician need to be "black-maled" or rain-bowed. Don't you think that it is ridiculous that they decided to put together a trillion dollar stimulus package and forbade the funding to be used for clinical trials? It makes no sense.

Horseback riding does help, in my opinion, because it will help restore your postural reflexes. Swimming should also help. I have long advocated standing and being able to stand an hour a day in a standing frame is one of the requirements for being in our clinical trials. The reason that I require patients to be able to stand is because I don't want silly things like tender feet, blood pressure, and orthopedic problems be the reasons why people do not walk in our clinical trials.

Wise.

Madproducer,

Regarding the timing of therapies, it is important that we set goals but

We must take one step at a time. Right now, we are trying to carry out one of the first clinical trials of a combination therapy aimed at chronic spinal cord injury. Barring hitches along the way, such as recruiting enough patients for the study, I hope to get this study completed in 2011 and the data is strong enough to justify a phase 3 trial in a large number of patients. This doesn't mean that the treatment is a cure. The goal is to have many clinical trials, testing the most promising therapies. We are only getting started on this.

Some time ago, I gave the following advice to people who are waiting for restorative therapies of spinal cord injury. First, take care of your body. By this, I mean make sure that it is healthy and exercised. Stand at least an hour a day. If possible, swim two or three times a week. Take 6-8 weeks every year to do some intensive exercising. Second, educate your brain. It is by far the most important part of your body. Many studies have shown that the quality of life after spinal cord injury correlates with the level of education that a person has. Get as many degrees as you can. Wow them. Third, make money. There is no question that whatever will happen in the future, money will give you more opportunity and more access. Earning money takes brains, not brawn. Education helps. But, hey, you already know this.

I am not sure that it is such a good idea to buy a horse. A horse takes a lot of care and is very expensive. There are programs that have horseback riding for people with disabilities. Best thing is to find a friend who has a horse.

Finally, regarding straightening your legs, the difficulty is from spasticity. You need to have physical therapy. Standing is important. Stretching is critical. You don't want to get contractures. In the meantime, you need to be standing an hour a day and get your body ready for weight-bearing. Ability to stand in a standing frame for an hour a day is required for our clinical trials.

Wise.

Dr. Young
    Is it possible or what do you think would happen if someone takes this tarapie of Xcell (own bone marrow stem cells) and combined with lithium or 4AP for example,
    try to do a combination type terapie
    What is your opinion?
    Please forgive my ignorance
    thank you in advance
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature