Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best alcohol for a quad to drink?

I enjoyed single malts , good vodka and nice reds. Although i stopped drinking when i started training for the marathon.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I was always a fan of dirty martinis - vodka and green olive juice. Most places use too much olive juice though.

Bethenny makes Healthy booze !
    I understand her pomegranate's martinis are very high in antiwhatchamacallits but the margaritas look good for you too !!

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I find my alcohol tolerance is growing. Hockey pool victory celebration had me drink an entire pitcher of beer with barely a buzz and no hangover. Granted it was American beer.

I'm hooked on Mango Absolut at the moment.

A good Vodka martini must be Kettle One, Gray Goose or Zyr. Chilled glass, a splash of dry vermouth swirled in the glass then tossed out, vodka shaken vigorously with crushed ice then strained into the chilled glass topped off with three olives, two cannon ball olives stuffed with stinky blue cheese and one jalapeño stuffed olive.
    ^^(A)^^

wow thanks for all the responses! i'm attending a huge sci-fi convention in two weeks and it's a 4-day event, in which i'll be at the hotel surrounded by parties 24/7. i was thinking it'd be a good idea to discover a new drink for myself and bring it.

i do love me a tasty G&T. maybe i'll make tom collins all weekend.
    May the fetus you save be gay

Quote Originally Posted by all-buggered-up View Post
    HI cass, Casss has great taste, though for me red wine... sing the song by cold chisel...
    hey you! e me! shoulda known this thread would catch your eye lol! but...we don't drink round here heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    wow thanks for all the responses! i'm attending a huge sci-fi convention in two weeks and it's a 4-day event, in which i'll be at the hotel surrounded by parties 24/7. i was thinking it'd be a good idea to discover a new drink for myself and bring it.

i do love me a tasty G&T. maybe i'll make tom collins all weekend.
    Which sci-fi convention, if that's not too nosy?

CONvergence it's minneapolis' big sci-fi convention. super fun! and boba fett will be there! http://www.convergence-con.org/
    May the fetus you save be gay

Not for nothin' - but I am under the impression that because it contains juniper berries there are health risks (beyond the normal alcohol risks) specific to drinking gin.

Perhaps one of our medical professionals could comment?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg