Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para with a newborn- need help!

Para with a newborn- need help!

Hello. I'm a T8 complete para, ever since 7/07. I had a baby in March of this year. She is now 3 months old and absolutely amazing. I am looking for someone to swap advice with- someone who has been in this situation. Can anyone offer advice on loading into the vehicle, baby beds, etc? I would appreciate any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Martin View Post
    Hello. I'm a T8 complete para, ever since 7/07. I had a baby in March of this year. She is now 3 months old and absolutely amazing. I am looking for someone to swap advice with- someone who has been in this situation. Can anyone offer advice on loading into the vehicle, baby beds, etc? I would appreciate any help!
    i'm a low quad but have raised 2 kids/babies post SCI.... what exactly do you need advice on?
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

I'm here too...I'll help where I can.
    Candi - C5-7 (5/26/99) - Mom to Carter (10/29/08) and Brooklyn (9/10/10)

http://thebutchinofamily.com

mobileWOMEN.org

we have resources for parenting(along with many other topics) on www.mobilewomen.org . for parenting resources go to : http://www.mobilewomen.org/2009/04/p...resources.html .
    good luck!

Hi Karen,

Check out the sticky post at the top of the family section. It's called "creative parenting: tips & tricks. It may be helpful. Plus, anything you come up with, you should add to that thread for others who follow...

Please all creative parents add what you've come up with...
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

congratulations. is it emi2 that had pictures of this cool nursery?

Well here's a question that is my biggest concern right now: What do you do about the crib? Right now she is fine- the crib mattress is on the highest setting. However, before too long she'll be pulling up and I will need to lower it down- but then, of course, I won't be able to reach her and lift her out. What do you do in that situation?

Also, I drive a pickup with the wc lift in the back and a turney seat to get me in and out. What I do now is I let her ride up it in her carseat on my lap (we put a belt on her carseat that loops behind me so that I don't have to worry about the seat falling off- that's how I cruise around town with her 95% of the time). And this is working fine for now, but when she gets bigger, and heavier, I don't know how I will do it. Any suggestions? Anyone with similar situation?

Thanks for all the posts back!

Well my oldest daughter, we had a regular crib (even though she mostly slept with us...lol) but once she learned to stand, which is when you lower the mattress, she would stand and then I could get her out.
    As for the truck...I am not sure as I have a van. I do remember reading about a car seat which swiveled to face the parent....if you could reach up that might work. I think it was this http://www.elitecarseats.com/Combi-Zeus-360.pro expensive but cheaper than a new vehicle
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Martin View Post
    Well here's a question that is my biggest concern right now: What do you do about the crib? Right now she is fine- the crib mattress is on the highest setting. However, before too long she'll be pulling up and I will need to lower it down- but then, of course, I won't be able to reach her and lift her out. What do you do in that situation?
    Did you look at this crib above?? Some people have modified a regular crib to make it like this as well.

http://www.babeetenda.com/crib.htm

(KLD)