Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Woman down!

Coleen, I am so sorry to hear this, take care of yourself. Did this cause any remorse from your son, maybe he will help you out some now.

Thanks, Ladies. I'm afraid I'm not too mobile right now, my back took a 'hit' yesterday too, and I can't seem to stand for more than a couple of minutes again. My bruised ribs are a touch sore, and my eye's swollen & a deep black & purple. My glasses don't fit right, thanks to that. My youngest called m a mess when he got up this morning. He pretty much summed it up.
    Jeremy has made it a point not to come over at all, he walked the 12+ miles to school rather than ask for a ride from me. No surprise there.
    Oh well, I end up rolling a few times a year, and this'll be another one of those times. I miss my fish, though, he was beautifully colored. I kind of expected it, his mate died a week ago. This just ain't my month, I guess.

That is a shame about your fish. 5 years is along time.
    Hopefully Oct will be better than this month was.

I know how you feel about the fish, I used to have a nice big aquarium and then they all got that spotted disease, I can't remember what its called, but it took my algea eater first I had had him for 7 years he was about 8 inches long and just plain ugly but I loved him all the same, then slowly I watched the rest of them all go. That was about 6 years ago and I can't seem to get the aquarium going again.

Joe (9y.o.) & I picked up 4 neon guppies & a dwarf frog today. They look small in the 20 gal tank, but there's a sucker shark in there, too, so he'll ''show them the ropes' I'm sure.Joe is calling the frog 'The prince'. Kids.
    My mistake about the appointment today, my EMG appointment is Oct 4th, today I saw the neurologist. She's the first female I've run into, and was very kind & informative. She's also setting me up with MRI's of my head & spine, she says that theL4/5 S1 appear to be bulging more after my fall, and she agrees with the urgent care doc about "the alien" (as Joe calls the groth in my brain). She told me that the growth (I refuse to call it a tumor) showed up on the head CT, but it wasn't defined enough. I've got to go to Seattle for the MRI's, but...
    She also is setting me up to see the neurosurgeon about my options reguarding surgery or - ? - about the damn thing.
    She's actually ordered PT for my back, it's the first real PT I'll be having since the accident - the only other I had taught me transfers to/from a wheelchair. I'm using my rolling walker these last couple of days, as neither leg is dependable right now, but I refuse to use the chair unless I'm forced to.
    I'm long winded again, sorry.
    You really should check into the neon's & dwarf frogs, they're really quite soothing & neat to watch.

Good deal sounds like she may actual listen to you.

Good to hear you are getting the PT Coleen.
    The little frog must be cute.

The American lake VA's PT department is stand against the wall full, (that's actually what the woman said!) so they're going to send me to the civilian PT of my choice for 6 sessions. I'll see the doc again after, and we'll see where it goes from there.

The frog is funny - he 'hops' around on the bottom of the tank & 'hops' when he swims around. He & the neon's get along fine, but he does like to startle them by jumping in the middle of their school (if 4 fish can be called a school). They're funny to watch.

I've got a heck of a black eye that extends to my ear & down my cheek, I look like I lost a big time fight, or so Joe keeps telling me.

I FINALLY got thru to the MRI scheduler at the Seattle VA this morning - I've got a 2 hour set of with & without contrast MRI's on the 28th with labs on the 21st. At the rate my back is going, I don't know if I'll even be on my feet by then.
    I backslid a lot after that last fall, and can't be vertical for more than 5 minutes before both legs go numb - it's not conducive to walking, but I don't want to not walk as much as possible - I'm worried that I won't be able to if I don't try.
    I was supposed to have another EMG on my elbow next Wed, but they called & told me that the doc wants to see me this Friday, and she wants to do from my neck to my finger tips, since I've lost most of the sensation & strength in my left hand. When I saw her Monday she said I might need surgery in my neck, shoulder, cubital or carpal tunnels, or a combination of all. That's not something I needed to hear, all things considered. Ugh.

Sounds like things are finally going to get done. Glad to hear the new dr seems like she is right on top of things.