Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Woman down!

Wow, Colleen, I just saw this. Sorry about your fall and all. Seems like pretty high BP isn't it?

I hope you find homes for all those kitties soon, how old are they? (No, I don't need one!)

Be careful, and take care.

If you are dizzy and your BP is that high, you need to get that checked by your doctor. Ive been there and done that at the early age of 13. I was falling quite a bit and the headaches with high BP are horrible.

Take care of yourself.

I love love love baby kitties but I can't have any more animals here. Hopefully some good homes will present themselves soon.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

The babies are 4 weeks old now, and 3 of 4 have started eating solids, part time.
    I've got an appt with my cardiologist a week from tomorrow, I already take 2 meds for BP/vaso spasms & one for PSVT. Thanks for the kind words quadvet & dark. Oh well, such is life.

update -
    bp is settling with increase of atenolol.
    question -
    is it still a "simple pinched nerve" in your elbow when your hand is still tingly & turning into a claw?
    Last edited by Coleen; 06-30-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Glad the BP is settling down!!! That did seem high
    As far as your question, I would think that with symptoms like that it is something more then a "simple pinched nerve" . Is that what they told you??

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

yep, sure is, a nerve pinch in my elbow. Weird thing, I didn't even bump that elbow, just jammed that wrist. Go figure.
    I hope you're feeling a little better, Becky.

Glad to see you are get your bp under control. I think I would get a second opinion on the pinched nerve.

got an appointment in 2 weeks, thinking I might want to try getting in sooner, there's almost zero chance of that, but maybe I should try?

Sorry for all your woes. Animals sure are special but can stir up a lot of trouble!

Yay, the kitties are eating some solids. I know they're too young to go just yet, but it isn't too early to start looking for homes. Whenever I give an animal away, I also make them sign a spay/neuter promisary note too. Just a thought, too many babies out there already.

All the babies are now eating solids about 60% of the time now, good homes are being found for the bunch of them, Momma is be scheduled to be fixed, no worries on that.

Just got back from the urgent care ctr at the VA hospital - it's not an ER or hospital anymore - the doc said it's "cubital tunnel syndrome" and ordered en emg & OT.
    the EMG is in August (earliest opening) and the earliest for OT is July 22.

From what I read on it, it may already be too late to 'save' the nerves to my little & ring finger, because of scaring, so they're definitely going to be a loss in 3 weeks & worse by August, but there's hope for my middle, index fingers & thumb. Since my hand is already too weak to hold a pencil & is 'clawing', I don't have a very good feeling about the outcome, but, there's still hope!
    Sorry for the long post.