Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father murders son with bolt of lightning

Father murders son with bolt of lightning

6-story Jesus statue in Ohio struck by lightning

A six-story-tall statue of Jesus Christ with his arms raised along a highway was struck by lightning in a thunderstorm Monday night and burned to the ground, police said.

The "King of Kings" statue, one of southwest Ohio's most familiar landmarks, had stood since 2004 at the evangelical Solid Rock Church along Interstate 75 in Monroe, just north of Cincinnati.

The lightning strike set the statue ablaze around 11:15 p.m., Monroe police dispatchers said.

The sculpture, 62 feet tall and 40 feet wide at the base, showed Jesus from the torso up and was nicknamed Touchdown Jesus because of the way the arms were raised, similar to a referee signaling a touchdown. It was made of plastic foam and fiberglass over a steel frame, which is all that remained early Tuesday.

More

The end times near come.

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Be careful, rdf.

There are those of us who have experienced a power beyond normal visuals. The 'statue' was only that, but pointed toward something bigger (it is the title to your entry which offends the most); at least respect the sensitivities of those around you. Be careful.

Reminds me of a song by one of my favorite bands The Geardaddies.
    It is called "Statue of Jesus."
    It has to do with a young man down on his luck "Sittin' downtown cryin' neath a statue of Jesus, both of us are lonely and cold, hope nobody sees us. "

Be careful, rdf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ling View Post
    There are those of us who have experienced a power beyond normal visuals. The 'statue' was only that, but pointed toward something bigger (it is the title to your entry which offends the most); at least respect the sensitivities of those around you. Be careful.
    Be careful of what? I don't believe in god. A great big Jesus with upraised arms like he was signaling a touchdown gets struck by a bolt of lightning and burns to the ground, well, to me that's funnier than hell And everybody knows 'god' controls lightning, or Zeus, but it's all good.

Laugh a little, it makes life more tenable.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

i cracked up laughing. it was a fire waiting to happen. made of foam and fiberglass. no wonder it looked like a bomb exploded. i hope this is a lesson to those ppl at the church. spend ur money to do for others instead of erecting statues.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I saw this on CNN this morning and cracked up. I love your title, I'm still smiling. I agree this ostentatious ''idol'' was a waste of money that could have been used to help others. Maybe the Big Man was sending this church a message....Insure Your Foam!

Quote Originally Posted by Ling View Post
    The title was my favorite part. Well done, RDF.

its creepy, and a bolt of lightning is an act of god,or at least that is what the insurance companies say. I cant believe they want to rebuild it. I say its a hint god thought it was creepy too.

all I been thinking of is flesh colored christs that glow in the dark.

not much is really sacred