Thread: I found the answer to the missing SSA form.. I hope!!

I found the answer to the missing SSA form.. I hope!!

So after much hunting on various locations and such, I think I found the answers I have been looking for regarding my lost disability update review form. If I could please get others inputs on if they think I am reading this right? Thanks!!

Heres the link I found. The parts that seem important I will extract and place in the message in case you don't want to read all of the link!
    https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.n.../0413004005#g4

Extracted parts:

Procedure - Sending Out the Mailer Form and Establishing Systems Controls

1. Sending Out the Mailer Form

The mailer form, a generic cover notice and instruction insert, and a reply envelope are sent to the beneficiary or representative payee. An initial mailer form, or “1st-request” form is sent. If it is not returned and receipted within a specific time frame, a “2nd-request” mailer form is sent. (If the second mailer is not returned and receipted within a specific time frame, a nonresponder alert is generated to the servicing PC.)
    The four-page generic cover notice and instruction insert explains the mailer process and what outcomes may result when the Agency processes the mailer. The insert also stresses the importance of responding and specifies time frames for responding. The insert includes telephone numbers for contacting SSA if the individual has additional questions. The insert also includes two pages of instructions on how to complete the form, including sections on each question that provide more in-depth explanations (than can be included on the mailer form) as to what information is being requested.

When Mailer Forms Are Sent

a. Scannable Mailer Form SSA-455-OCR-SM

Central Office initiates five scheduled releases of large numbers of scannable mailer forms SSA-455-OCR-SM during the Agency's fiscal year (FY), which begins on October 1 and ends on September 30 of the following calendar year.
    Scannable mailer forms SSA-455-OCR-SM are sent to title II-only and concurrently entitled beneficiaries or their representative payees in October, February and June of the FY.
    Scannable mailer forms SSA-455-OCR-SM are sent to title XVI-only recipients or their representative payees in February and August of the FY.
    The five scheduled mailings of scannable mailer forms in a FY, including 1st-request and 2nd-request mailer forms, often total in excess of 1,000,000 forms.
    b. Hard Paper Mailer Forms SSA-455

Since FY 1996, SSA has not used the hard paper form for the large scheduled mailings. These forms are used on an as-needed basis by the PCs and FOs.

Processing Nonresponder Alerts

PC personnel receive systems notification (a nonresponder alert) when a response (a confirmation file) is not received in response to the 1st-request and 2nd-request mailer forms within a specified time frame (see DI 13004.005C.3.). The PC processes the nonresponder alert as follows:

Ok, thats what I think is the most important in the link and the items I think answers my question about not being able to return the original mailing (since I lost it).

Input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Good luck!
    Thanks Linda! Could you please let me know what you take from this information??

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!