Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Today (for lack of a better title)

Still thinking about you Todd. Hoping things are getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by shelley View Post
    Still thinking about you Todd. Hoping things are getting better.
    Me too!

me three
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Well I am also trusting that you are well

My dad has made a remarkable recovery. Thank you all for asking about him, praying or keeping him in your thoughts, and sending well-wishes.

Besides headaches, you cannot tell much is wrong with him at all. He has gotten back all mental cognition and skills, though I'm not sure if he will ever remember his accident, which may have been the case regardless of the head trauma or not.

The headaches are part of the healing process and the wounding of the head. It could have been much worse, so I can't ask for much better than simply him recovering to his former self.

I hope he knows what a lucky man he is. How did the rest of your family cope with it?

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I hope he knows what a lucky man he is. How did the rest of your family cope with it?
    My mother used fuck a lot and went off on me, my sister, and my dad a few times. Let's just say the stress really got to my mother. I think I have a buffer that tunes her out a lot, but when I was a witness to comments made to my sister or my father, it was very different and actually more difficult for me to understand.

Some of you need to realize that prior to Katrina, I hadn't heard my mother use the word fuck in my entire life. It wasn't a word used in our home at all. Then I was paralyzed, she got cancer, a few deaths in the family, Katrina, etc. and all of this, along with a shitload of medications, I think have made my mother akin to a live wire that is so easily set off. The only time I usually go tête-*-tête with her is if I find her being too mean to the dog. Lemmy is my baby and I'd defend him with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    My dad has made a remarkable recovery. Thank you all for asking about him, praying or keeping him in your thoughts, and sending well-wishes.

Besides headaches, you cannot tell much is wrong with him at all. He has gotten back all mental cognition and skills, though I'm not sure if he will ever remember his accident, which may have been the case regardless of the head trauma or not.

The headaches are part of the healing process and the wounding of the head. It could have been much worse, so I can't ask for much better than simply him recovering to his former self.
    wonderful news Todd! My mom still has headaches, numbness, and now heat radiates from her head. It could take up to 2 years apparently for healing.

glad you, and madonna, are back I prefer her influence to Rivers
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    glad you, and madonna, are back I prefer her influence to Rivers
    Thank you, Nicole; and yes, I'm softening the comical edges for this forum. I hope to still be funny and amuse people, but I will use less edgier rhetoric. I still love and adore Rivers and other provocative comedians and make no apology for finding their humor funny, but for this space, I shall do my best to respect the sensibilities of all readers.

Good to have you back, Todd.