Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesus Burnt to the Ground

Jesus has always had a rough time on Earth. But he still loves you.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Like sacrificing his own life for the father wasn't enough.........

About 15 years ago I was sitting in a dive bar slumming and drinking Bloody Mary's and BSing with people at the bar. It was a gloomy afternoon, perfect for hiding from the world. (yes, it was a sordid point of my life)
    Suddenly there was a loudest CRACK. A bolt of lightening had struck the steeple of the church across the street, causing considerable damage.
    If lightening was going to strike anyone for some religious reason I would have thought it would have been all of us sinners in the notorious Flame Tavern!

Sounds like Skyco is taking after Don Corleone:

VITO CORLEONE (holding up his hand to interrupt Barzini)

"...But I'm a superstitious man -- and
    if some unlucky accident should befall him -- if he's struck by a bolt of
    lightning -- then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive."

Don't recall the Don claiming that it was politics, however...

lightning struck the highest point. or like I said in another thread, it was kinda a creepy thing so maybe Jesus thought it was creepy too. I recon if Jesus had a paint ball gun he woulda used that, lightning sure lit up the place though. as far as it being political.... well, its been extremely hot this week. micro electrical storms develop because of the heat rising and forming storm clouds. there was a strike next to my house today from a storm that only covered a small area, though the little storm was violent. though, if the politicians around here could affect the weather I bet they would.

That thing was a blasphemy. God said that you shall not make any images to represent God.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    I thought Jesus was a magical thing or something

Kinda like the Easter Bunny, fairies, and Santa Clause, LOL
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

When i heard this it reminded me of the guy playing Jesus in that Mel Gibson movie. He was struck by lightning TWICE carrying the cross. http://atheism.about.com/b/2003/10/2...-lightning.htm
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    About 15 years ago I was sitting in a dive bar slumming and drinking Bloody Mary's and BSing with people at the bar. It was a gloomy afternoon, perfect for hiding from the world. (yes, it was a sordid point of my life)
    Suddenly there was a loudest CRACK. A bolt of lightening had struck the steeple of the church across the street, causing considerable damage.
    If lightening was going to strike anyone for some religious reason I would have thought it would have been all of us sinners in the notorious Flame Tavern!
    Great story Linda and it just goes to show that even God misses his target on occasion
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein