Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quantum 6000Z..feedback

i've been driving my invacare trouqe sp w/ tilt for three weeks. its really nice to achive this much independence through a powered chair and im loving it. this my first poweredchair so i cant stack it up against others but i can say it climbs roots curbs and runs threw rocks easy if you havespeed on u in curb mode. good luck.

Yay! I demoed the Z today & love it! Damn, it did handle well in the tougher spots of my yard & gravel drive..felt like riding on air too!

Got it & love it. I'm having to make a few tweaks. The first was gettiong new armrests, I was tearing my arms up unknowingly by doing pressure reliefs. They replaced them w/ softer ones, but now it's a real tight fit. There has to be an inbetween. I'm impressed with how it climbs & how smooth it is even in rugged terrain--MAJOR must for me. My old chair beat the hell out of me. I'm already experiencing less pain, nerve pain & spasms while rolling. My biggest complaint is that the back could be lower. That attendant feature is cool but it was the first to come off-a bit too gawdy.

I also went with the Jay2 Deep this time & my ass adores it.

Well that's good.

Quantum 600Z - JUNK

Quantum 6000 Z

It is a piece of Cr@p !! The caster design makes it IMPOSSIBLE to start out or to back up in a straight line. The wheelchair swings violently to the left or right. If you need to navigate in close spaces, find another chair. I've contacted Pride; and they are totally unresponsive.

my problems

Hi I had a Q6000Z for 3 1/2 years before my insurance purchased me my m400 Permobil this past month. My Q6oooz was a good chair when it was running but I had problems with the electronics replaced them 2 times wire connectors would overheat according to my old dealer my problem was always the seating that would not tilt or recline. this is just my problems i had.

Thumbs down Pride

Pride is only interested in stock dividend paid to their shareholders

Quote Originally Posted by mmmike12 View Post
    Quantum 6000 Z

It is a piece of Cr@p !! The caster design makes it IMPOSSIBLE to start out or to back up in a straight line. The wheelchair swings violently to the left or right. If you need to navigate in close spaces, find another chair. I've contacted Pride; and they are totally unresponsive.

YEP!!!!! I HATE it! The casters & turning radius suck. The "violent swings" you mentioned actually slung me n2 the stove so hard that it busted all of the glass out!!!! locking into the ez lock is a nightmare not to mention the other stuff I've wrecked because of the casters!! It's in the shop now...All around hunk of junk IMO.

I gave up

I took a financial hit, but I traded in my Quantum for an Invacare Torque 3. Very good machine.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Pride Mobility products are built as cheap as possible. They constantly break down and the service is nonexistant. Go Invacare, Quickie or Permobil.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt