Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington VA SCI

No problem, just let me know if you (or anyone else in the area or who'd pay shipping) want one.

So, how's it going, is he moving?

Quote Originally Posted by dmom View Post
    Thanks Quadvet....for the recgognition for his service.
    The request for the wheel chair, we were looking for a used one that would be used by the gentleman assisting with training his service dog.
    He is service connected and has been treated very well by the VA's that he has used so far. He rehabbed at the La Jolla VA awesome place and then has been following up here at home.
    His decsion to move out to Washington came pretty quickly. Hes looking for a place to live now. Like he says hes a "grown ass man" chair or not. But like I always tell him "Don't care how grown ass you are. Still my baby." So I continue to check things out when I can.
    Hes was going to head up to the VA and do a meet and greet see about getting himself and information transferred.
    Thanks for the replies.
    I agree with Quadvet, as your son is service connected he should not have to scrounge for a used WC. What's the problem with him getting the exact chair he needs?
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    I agree with Quadvet, as your son is service connected he should not have to scrounge for a used WC. What's the problem with him getting the exact chair he needs?
    You are misunderstanding the question. The OP was (no longer needed) looking for a clunker wheelchair for the assistance dog trainer to use in training sessions. It is not for her son...he has excellent equipment already from the VA.

(KLD)