Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help understanding the many rear wheel options for everyday chairs

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    at least there are options
    Jody - awesome pix. I'm sure nothing stealth happened in those!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hardcastle View Post
    Also, have any of you tried to get Spinergy wheels without the logo on them? I get so tired of being a rolling advertisement for all these manufacturers! Ti-Lite used to allow you to pay extra to have logos left off your chair but this time they said no! Grrrr.
    I have not personally tried...but all I did was remove the stickers that are on the wheels. They peel off eventually anyways.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Yea, they were stickers and you can take a hair dryer to em to heat em up and then peel em off and clean off the mess and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

If they were affordable, I would love to have a set of real carbon fiber wheels, like the (made in Austria) Xentis wheels seen on this Schmicking, which probably go for over $2000, but don't quote me.

I love that wheels too, $2340 a pair adapted for wheelchais here in Spain.
    That wheel are an offroad rim, Xentis Kappa.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    If they were affordable, I would love to have a set of real carbon fiber wheels, like the (made in Austria) Xentis wheels seen on this Schmicking, which probably go for over $2000, but don't quote me.
    Noooo, why did you show this, I like everything about that chair, not just the wheels, best looking chair but $$$$$
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    Noooo, why did you show this, I like everything about that chair, not just the wheels, best looking chair but $$$$$
    I've never seen a Schmicking chair in the flesh. (I have seen one of their handcycles, which has been the inspiration for some of the Top End designs, though not its equal.) According to the person who introduced me to them (an adaptive equipment expert who doesn't post here) Schmicking is at the very top of the heap in terms of build execution and strength, so over its potential many years of service, its value becomes more affordable. That, and the Euro is tumbling. Also, they will build pretty much whatever you want, or so I'm told.

For anyone who's truly interested in purchasing one, you can get hooked up by contacting Bike-on.com.

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    , I like everything about that chair, not just the wheels, best looking chair but $$$$$
    That wheels are not from that chair, you can order that wheels for any wheelchair, you send the hub that your are going to use and they make the wheel with that hub.

Stephen posted the best pic of that chair, with CF sideguards and Xentis wheels, i don`t think really is so cool, i don`t like it much, but of course is a very good and light chair, the complet weight of the chair with CF side guards, brakes and rear wheels can be under 11.5 lbs.

Here you can see pics of how is really the chair.