Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: whats better paralyzed

This thread has taught me some people are miserable. Is lif challenging when paralyzed. heck yes. Do I have bad days. You know it. Ive been battling a pressure sore for some time and am facing amputation but Im not wish I were dead or living in Korea or losing a child. I cherish my life. I love my life. I make the most of my life. I so wish I could turn back the clock. I hate my husband having to help me. I hate not being able to jumo out of bed and make him breakfast while he showers. But there is so much I can do and life is wroth living. Dont waste your time worrying about what you cant do. Focus on what you have. See a therapist. Have a great life, seek god.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and it's as valid as every other opinion given. None of us should put down another person for expressing how they feel. Paralysis is handled better by some, not because they're stronger or a better person or believe in a god, etc., but just simply because.

None of us know what it's like to live the life of another member, and assumptions made on others' opinions, well, we all know what we were taught about the word ASSUME.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Very true! Just trying to give some insight on how to deal with things and achieve a happier lifestyle...
    "The Only Disability in Life is...A Bad Attitude!"

Blog Entries
    This all is sounding a little judgmental to me. Who is any of us to judge how another lives or experiences her life, or thinks or feels? I personally prefer to get advice only when I seek it. It seems to me to be very different to tell someone how you think she should feel rather than just share how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    I actually became more popular with girls. Instead of always trying to impress them, I started listening. It worked wonders.
    Tom, You have my favorite answer!

In my short experience of all this, 2 people sitting in wheelchairs might look similar, but their injuries can be polar opposites.

One can be riddled with pain, skin problems, bowel/bladder issues, no sensation, no movement, UTI's etc etc.

The other can have no pain, can grab a walker and go for a walk, have full sexual function, and in all other respects be perfectly healthy and happy.

Just call me a simpleon. I have fun coasting downhill no matter how old I'm getting.

do you "wheelie" down hills? Other than floor-to-chair transfers, this is top of my goal list.

Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    I would appreciate if none of you mention my son again, I spent over 10k in lawyer fees to be able to see my son because his mom didn't let me see him an told them a person in a chair can't care of a child. I sign my son up for every sport I can I pick him up whenever I can an spend all the time I can with him. So don't ever question me being a father or how much I love him.
    YOU brought your son into the topic and I based my reply to you on the information you provided PUBLICLY. My post to you may have come off as if I was being an ass to you, but that was NOT the case. It was 'my way' of trying to help and encourage you that life in a chair does suck, but 'Life is what you make it'. If you focus on the negatives, they'll eat you alive. I applaud you for fighting for you son and am extremely happy for you and your son.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Everyone has a right to their opinion, and it's as valid as every other opinion given. None of us should put down another person for expressing how they feel.
    You're right and I gave my opinion to Arod based on his post/opinion of life in a chair. I did not put him down in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    I honestly believe that our attitudes really don't change that much after injury. I think those who are optimistic, remain so; and those who are pessimistic, stay the same.
    This could be true, if it is it's sad. If a person was pessimistic before an SCI, they 'should' sure as hell become optimistic about living and life. To me it's ALL about attitude........we had a summer hire C1 College student at work a couple years ago who had a full time assistant come to work with her everyday to do everything for her. This girl smiled EVERYDAY, joked around, talked about College and her FUTURE, etc. Her attitude and outlook on life was extremely inspiring to me, made me feel extremely fortunate for the abilities I have and for getting the chance for her to teach me.......Life Goes On no matter what and you get one time around, so make the best of what you got cause it's short.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    This all is sounding a little judgmental to me. Who is any of us to judge how another lives or experiences her life, or thinks or feels? I personally prefer to get advice only when I seek it. It seems to me to be very different to tell someone how you think she should feel rather than just share how you feel.
    I was not judging Arod, I shared my opinion about his pretty negative post. Making a post on a 'public forum' is open for advice as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want someone's advice or opinion, don't make a post about how bad your life is on the internet.

My intent of replying to Arod's post was meant to help/encourage, not to hurt or judge. But after reading his follow up post, it seems as though things aren't as bad as his original post made it out to be.
    Last edited by WolfeMan; 06-15-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Just call me a simpleon. I have fun coasting downhill no matter how old I'm getting.
    that NEVER gets old! especially when u pass ppl by and they are all "hey! no fair!"
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/