Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: whats better paralyzed

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    O.M.G. Really?!!!!!! How the heck do you do that?!
    I have really small feet, Karen. I swear if I ever kicked anyone's ass, my foot would get stuck inside their hole and I'd f**king sprain my ankle.

On a serious note, I do have small feet and my toenails on my small toes just don't have strong substance to them nor are they attached that strongly to my toes, so they're very easy to pull off.

There is nothing "better" paralyzed IMO. There may be some perceived "benefits" but really a lot of those perceived benefits would not be so because it is the SCI that caused them. I was burning trash one time and did not account for the poor circulation in my legs and when I went inside that evening saw that it looked like someone had painted flames down the side of my leg...long story short it was great that I could not feel the pain but hey if I could feel my legs it would not have happened in the first place.

Getting into the movies for free.

I had my big toenails removed- didn't hurt a bit but I still couldn't watch. I had ingrown nails. He took some type of toenail pliers apparatus and wiggled and pulled and out they popped. Then he took a stick thingie with a chemical nail bed killer and slid it under the nail bed. Won't kid you, it was eeewwwww. But that didn't stop me from taking the nails home to gross my kids out.

Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    Getting into the movies for free.

I had my big toenails removed- didn't hurt a bit but I still couldn't watch. I had ingrown nails. He took some type of toenail pliers apparatus and wiggled and pulled and out they popped. Then he took a stick thingie with a chemical nail bed killer and slid it under the nail bed. Won't kid you, it was eeewwwww. But that didn't stop me from taking the nails home to gross my kids out.
    So why/how does being paralyzed get you into the movies for free?

Since Dave's accident his big toenails have been ingrowing and getting infected. At rehab a podiatrist trimmed them up. It got a bit bloody and I remember thinking how much that would hurt! He has had to get antibiotics twice for them.
    I would not be surprised if this continues they reccomend removing the nails.

I wondered about the toenails too when I read this yesterday, but didn't want to hijack the thread. Interesting. Anyone brave enough to show pics?
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    So why/how does being paralyzed get you into the movies for free?

our theatre chain had some type of accessibility lawsuit and now if you're in a chair...you're in for free

mv740,your ineptness of being in korea and paralyzed is a sorry excuse for your ignorance. i lost my son 3 days before his 21st birthday in 1997. there is not a day that goes by that i know he is not here. i wonder what he would be doing today, married, college degree? you know what i'll never know because hes dead. being paralyzed still makes me michaels mother.

We are going to a Simon and Garfunkle concert next month. We have not been to a concert before and going to an arena will be a new experience for us. Some friends will be along, but we will be in a seperate area.
    After we bought our tickets someone told us that we should have only needed one, that the companion is waived. Since I would have gone anyway I would have expected to buy one. We have not been able to even go to a movie yet because of complications, winter etc.
    I am hoping to have someone drop us off at the door and go park the van for us. I think we will leave the van in a HC spot in case we need to leave sooner or need some equipment. I am a bit nervous about suctioning in the middle of some quiet song! Hopefully it will not be a bad day. I am a bit nervous. We did do the mall last week. We are able to get out to eat and have found people really don't stare and if I ask people to cut Dave's meat they are nice about it. We did stay at a hotel last week-end. We found one with regular beds for the hoyer legs. The problem was we needed our van and a car for everything we needed to bring and to leave room for tilt backs.
    Sorry to get off track-but how do free tickets work at some places?
    I will beg in advance if my questions are something I should know better to give me a break.......

Some of the great things that come with being paralyzed, pissing on myself almost daily, shitting on myself in front of my friends, having to stop a girl from giving me head because I have a condom catheter an piss bag connected to my dick. All the activities I'm never going to be able to do with my son because I'm in a fucken wheelchair an my legs don't work. You guys gotta be fucken kidding me with this thread. Being in a wheelchair is fucken horrible. Not feeling my dick for almost 4 years is great busting a nut was over rated anyways... Gotta love when old people who probably have a year or so of life left looking at you an feeling sorry for you when they are about to die thats always great...