Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: whats better paralyzed

Being able to have your own personal shopping assistant at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by mv740 View Post
    I WOULD MUCH RATHER LIVE IN NORTH KOREA THEN BEING PARALYZED, AND BELIEVE ME ITS BETTER TO LOOE A CHILD THEN BEING PARALYZED.. MY PARENTS LOT 3 AND MY GRANDMOM LOST 6.. YOU NEVER FORGET BUT YOU GET OVER IT AND LIVE LIFE.. BEING PARALYED IS ALWAYS IN YOUR HEAD... deny it or dont... it the truth
    Whatever. Being paralyzed is easy, I can even do it in my sleep.

My shoes don't wear out.
    T6 complete

The doctor removed my big toenails because they became a problem. They got real thick after a fugal infection and then caused redness and start of sore. Not first time for this. He said when they heal he can treat them so they won't grow back since they have caused repeated issues. I hope this answers some questions

I WOULD MUCH RATHER LIVE IN NORTH KOREA THEN BEING PARALYZED, AND BELIEVE ME ITS BETTER TO LOOE A CHILD THEN BEING PARALYZED.. MY PARENTS LOT 3 AND MY GRANDMOM LOST 6.. YOU NEVER FORGET BUT YOU GET OVER IT AND LIVE LIFE.. BEING PARALYED IS ALWAYS IN YOUR HEAD... deny it or dont... it the truth
    You may not intend to, but you sound extremely selfish and self pittying. I would rather be a deaf, mute, blind, quadruple amputated and paralyzed all together, than to lose a child. You obviously (at least I hope) do NOT have any children. Unbelievable.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by lisarolls View Post
    The doctor removed my big toenails because they became a problem. They got real thick after a fugal infection and then caused redness and start of sore. Not first time for this. He said when they heal he can treat them so they won't grow back since they have caused repeated issues. I hope this answers some questions

Thanks...I have never heard of this procedure before, the treatment that keeps the nails from growing back. So is this something that most disabled individuals deal with?

Yeah, I have to admit the toenail removal thing makes me cringe too. It also seems like a potential site of infection that could make the whole toenail issue moot if an infection got bad enough. Most of us have poor circulation in our lower extremities, so I wouldn't be willing to take the chance, but then I am the one who doesn't wear sandals for the same reason. They may not be functional, but I sort of like having a matched set of legs.

MV, the fact that you would rather lose a child than have a SCI speaks volumes. I am very sorry that you can't see beyond your own issues, and I certainly hope you have no children.

Being paralyzed is definitely an advantage when having a cystoscopy. "My father cried." is the comment my care aide made after witnessing my peepee getting ravaged on Friday

Blog Entries
    I actually became more popular with girls. Instead of always trying to impress them, I started listening. It worked wonders.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

On a serious note, you must really be having it tough at the moment. And I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder if you have to suffer pain too? If so, then you have my sympathies.