Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlsbad California

Carlsbad California

Goodday ...
    I am going to PW IN CARLSBAD califonia for six months or a year. i am looking for a place to stay. does anyone have any suggestionS. I AM FROM SWEDEN. so its a long way. by the way if you know prices it will be great

hey there,
    i am currently attending project walk and let me start by saying its FANTASTIC! I am from Australia and we have been here for a month with another to go. We made the mistake by staying in a hotel which has turned out to be quite expensive so i recommend looking into either renting an apartment or condo as we have been told is alot cheaper. We will be doing this when we return for our next visit. Search for realters in carlsbad and dont get sucked in to the extended stays as they are not very wheelchair friendly! good luck!

and dont get sucked in to the extended stays as they are not very wheelchair friendly! good luck! what do you mean???

an extended stay is a type of hotel that can is rented for a longer length of time, typically by the month. the rooms include a small kitchen..I guess Rannie has found that these options in Carlsbad are not worthwhile.

did you talk to the staff at PW about recommended options?

ok , ok
    Last edited by mv740; 06-15-2010 at 06:13 AM.

how is the food prices in carlsbad and is it easy to get around in wheelchair

havent talked with PW yet... is carlsbad wheelchair friendly..

Hey dude I live in Oceanside, CA which is next to Carlsbad. I use to live in Carlsbad before I got injured but bought a house a couple of years ago. From my experience extended stays are wheelchair friendly from what I've seen. I can look more into this for you if you would like. How long are you planning on attending Project Walk? Are you going to have a vehicle while here?

PW has a list of extended stays and long term rentals on there website under Client Accommodations and Resources. They also list some local real estate agents

Quote Originally Posted by exqusit1 View Post
    Hey dude I live in Oceanside, CA which is next to Carlsbad. I use to live in Carlsbad before I got injured but bought a house a couple of years ago. From my experience extended stays are wheelchair friendly from what I've seen. I can look more into this for you if you would like. How long are you planning on attending Project Walk? Are you going to have a vehicle while here?
    HI, I will stay in Project walk for 6 months or if i ike it 1 year. I dont have a vehicle as it is right now. I have thouht of renting one when icome there. How much does it cost in average to rent a place in carlsbad. i need something that has furniture, but maybe a hotel is better. but again im going to stay for soo long that it will probably be expensive, but i think that a hotel is easier..? what do you think.. by the way how is food prices in carlsbad?