Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the mouth of babes

Out of the mouth of babes

My dad was on his motorcycle today and was in an accident. When my mother got the call, she was reacting to the information and one of my little nephews asked, "Did Paw-paw die?" OMG! It's funny because he is fine. No, he didn't die. He's fine. He suffered a little head trauma and a broken bone, but he's stable and should make a full recovery.

Sorry to hear that, T.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    Sorry to hear that, T.
    Thanks, but I'm considering this a blessing in disguise. My dad wears a shitty helmet just to get by within the helmet law. I'm hoping now if he goes back on his motorbike, he will wear a better helmet. The fact that he will recover and had an accident may caution him further so if he ever has another, he will be wearing better protection.

as a motocross maniac pre-sci I called that "your one free one". Try to convince him to get a Leatt neck brace. They make the difference between high-quad or low para.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    as a motocross maniac pre-sci I called that "your one free one". Try to convince him to get a Leatt neck brace. They make the difference between high-quad or low para.
    Noted. I will definitely shake my head when I see him and hope he takes further precaution. You'd think having a cripple as a son would tell him to take shit like that more seriously, but to each his own.

When I had cataract surgery 6 years ago my friend and her 5 year old daughter picked me up. I had warned her that when she saw me I would have a big band aid on my eye. She stilled asked if aunt Linda was going to die.
    Glad you Dad is OK.

Glad your dad is fine. I agree that having a son with SCI should wake him up, but it takes a harder hit sometimes. Maybe this will do it.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Glad he is ok!

You would think family would know better. But they often are the worst. I have family members who won't wear their seatbelt in town even though more accidents happen in town rather than on the highway etc. I've had the talk with them too. Or you know the friends that still drink and drive (I hate that one). I was injured from someone driving drunk and wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

My grammar is terrible tonight Todd, I know. I don't want spanked though.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Glad he's ok Todd.

My 8 year old niece has a dim view of hospitals after her mum went in one and never came out (cancer) and I went in one and came out in a wheelchair.

She gets very edgy when anyone goes to hospital.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Glad your dad's okay. Tooley's right, Ya get one free one and sounds like he just got it.