Thread: At home gait training

At home gait training

Does anyone have any experience with treadmill gait training at home? I only get about 20 minutes a week where I go for exercise because of scheduling (it's a Project Walk provider). Where I had my rehab won't allow me because I'm ASIA A. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lepups3 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with treadmill gait training at home? I only get about 20 minutes a week where I go for exercise because of scheduling (it's a Project Walk provider). Where I had my rehab won't allow me because I'm ASIA A. Any info would be appreciated.
    Are you currently using a harness when walking on the treadmill?

Yes, I need to use a harness. Sometimes they have me on a motorized elliptical machine, other times the trainers move my legs on the treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by lepups3 View Post
    Yes, I need to use a harness. Sometimes they have me on a motorized elliptical machine, other times the trainers move my legs on the treadmill.
    As a previous user,I have also observed many of my fellow patients in therapy use the harnessed treadmill and have expereinced and witnessed the importance of having qualified therapist or trainers by your side to assist, instruct and encourage users.

Safety is the first thing that comes to mind as well as proper instruction.
    I would consider channeling those dollars your willing to invest in a harnessed treadmill into a therapy center that offers qualified assistance.

Try reading through the "Your Own Recovery Program" thread above and see if you can mine some nuggets of information there.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer